www.VUE DES ISLES.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

foodbank to open in guernsey

3 posters

Go down

foodbank to open in guernsey Empty foodbank to open in guernsey

Post by Thistle Sun 02 Dec 2012, 8:20 am

whilst shopping at waitrose i was alarmed to see that a foodbank is going to open in guernsey..this imo is a disgrace in a wealthy island such as ours..the poor are getting poorer and the rich getting richer..it tells us that their are people in guernsey living on the breadline and things are only going to get worse before they get better
foodbank to open in guernsey 232852
Thistle
Thistle

Female
Number of posts : 10987
Job/hobbies : housewife,mother,gardener,
Humor : sometimes
Registration date : 2008-03-07

Back to top Go down

foodbank to open in guernsey Empty Re: foodbank to open in guernsey

Post by kingcolemk Sun 02 Dec 2012, 9:30 am

What happened to your Christmas spirit. Are you saying there should be no charity organisations or benefits in Guernsey ?

You were recently telling me that there is poverty on Guernsey !

kingcolemk

Male
Number of posts : 1040
Registration date : 2008-12-18

Back to top Go down

Post by Thistle Sun 02 Dec 2012, 5:16 pm

this is a foodbank for the poor just the same as you have on the mainland..people can go to them to get groceries..no i am not saying that charities shouldnt get help i am saying that is awful indictment on the guernsey government that a foodbank has to open to help people with groceries ..nobody should have to be in that position on this island. so kingcole please dont put words into my mouth. by the way although i am not exactly well off i did buy a few extra groceries to donate to help with this initiative .
Thistle
Thistle

Female
Number of posts : 10987
Job/hobbies : housewife,mother,gardener,
Humor : sometimes
Registration date : 2008-03-07

Back to top Go down

Post by trucker Mon 03 Dec 2012, 6:16 am

the salvation army here have seen a big increase in people going to their food banks and soup kitchen in the last couple of years. The member i spoke to said that many were families with young children struggling to survive. a number of them are from what our politcal elite are calling the working poor. That these place are needed in a country like the uk is a disgrace. I remember the embaressment when as a wee boy in the 50s we had to turn to charity to get clothes for the school.

It must be awful for these people to get to a stage where they have to go to a chirity for food. So come on everybody donate what you can when you can.
trucker
trucker

Male
Number of posts : 79
Job/hobbies : Retired road and buiding site worker
Registration date : 2009-08-04

Back to top Go down

Post by kingcolemk Mon 03 Dec 2012, 9:58 am

What you say is unfortunately very true. It is also a very sad fact that there is no country in the World where these situations do not exist. Some more so than others.

kingcolemk

Male
Number of posts : 1040
Registration date : 2008-12-18

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down