www.VUE DES ISLES.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Cat killed in vicious attack

3 posters

Go down

Cat killed in vicious attack Empty Cat killed in vicious attack

Post by GD Tue 08 Jul 2008, 8:00 pm

A cat has been killed in a vicious attack in Guernsey.

The black and white feline died in the Bouet after being stoned and kicked on Monday night. One Animal charity says it highlights a real problem with animal cruelty in the island.

Animal Aid founder Sue Vidamour said: "I think the authorities need to stamp down big time on these thugs because we don't want an epidemic of copy cat cruelty on this island. You know how it is in the UK with all these knifings, people think 'oh this is a good idea', we'll do this and it's gone on enough. There's a lot of things going on that the public don't hear about because we can't say anything, nothing happens, there's no law here for animal welfare. There's no teeth, we need teeth, we need to be able to combat this and stop all this cruelty of animals."

The police have not yet been able to identify the cat's owners, but have arrested two juveniles. They're now continuing their enquiries. Sue Vidamour says she'll personally offer a reward - and with others joining her there's now £300 awaiting anyone with further information. (from CIonline)

Bring back the Birch....
GD
GD

Male
Number of posts : 10122
Job/hobbies : Website Forums...lol
Humor : Anything that makes me laugh
Registration date : 2008-03-06

http://www.vuedesisles.com

Back to top Go down

Cat killed in vicious attack Empty Re: Cat killed in vicious attack

Post by MarkyD Tue 08 Jul 2008, 8:28 pm

Couldn't agree more! Thankfully this has sickened a large majority of the population of this island and people are all offering to add to the reward fund.

If anything good can come out of this astonishingly vile act it needs to be widespread condemnation of any attack on a defenceless animal and severe punishments for those involved.
MarkyD
MarkyD

Male
Number of posts : 1148
Job/hobbies : Professional Layabout
Humor : Manic - varying from dirty to clinically insane
Registration date : 2008-05-11

http://www.cwgsy.net/community/minimotoraceclub

Back to top Go down

Post by Digger Tue 08 Jul 2008, 9:14 pm

I agree.
Digger
Digger

Male
Number of posts : 7134
Job/hobbies : Motorsport, Photography, Gardening.
Humor : Absolutely !!
Registration date : 2008-03-07

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down