www.VUE DES ISLES.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Highest ever broadband usage in Guernsey

4 posters

Go down

Highest ever broadband usage in Guernsey Empty Highest ever broadband usage in Guernsey

Post by GD Mon 11 Aug 2008, 4:03 pm

Cable and Wireless has recorded the highest ever broadband usage in Guernsey.

The new peak was recorded at 6pm on Sunday 2nd August, when more data was being downloaded on the island’s network than ever before. Broadband usage peaked at 561 Megabits per second (Mbps), and total traffic stayed in excess of 500 Mbps for more than seven hours.

It meant that three and a half gigabytes of data was being downloaded every minute, which is equivalent of 60 hours of digital music, more than 3,000 novels, or a full length DVD movie every two minutes.

Russell Sharman, chief technical officer for Cable and Wireless,told Channel Online: "Ten years ago people spoke about an information superhighway, but now the internet is increasingly becoming the entertainment superhighway. A whole host of high-bandwidth applications are now available, such as online television, not to mention online gaming, and music downloads. It is this new generation of services that are fuelling this rise in traffic." (from CIonline)
GD
GD

Male
Number of posts : 10122
Job/hobbies : Website Forums...lol
Humor : Anything that makes me laugh
Registration date : 2008-03-06

http://www.vuedesisles.com

Back to top Go down

Highest ever broadband usage in Guernsey Empty Re: Highest ever broadband usage in Guernsey

Post by kat Mon 11 Aug 2008, 4:41 pm

no wonder the cooier untits are going flat out all the time at CW.
kat
kat

Female
Number of posts : 1850
Job/hobbies : bbbbbbbbbbb
Registration date : 2008-03-11

Back to top Go down

Highest ever broadband usage in Guernsey Empty Re: Highest ever broadband usage in Guernsey

Post by Pete Burtenshaw Mon 11 Aug 2008, 5:08 pm

if records have been broken why don't they reduce their charges.........someone throw the OUR a fat envelope and see if they can put on some pressure to reduce Sure's charges!!!

Last edited by Pete Burtenshaw on Mon 11 Aug 2008, 5:10 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : spacing not right)

Pete Burtenshaw

Male
Number of posts : 652
Registration date : 2008-03-16

Back to top Go down

Post by gsyguy Mon 11 Aug 2008, 8:16 pm

ha haaa they were all lookin for the pics i took for the big nite out n the others over the weekend...lol

i rumoured there was Naked people in them lol
gsyguy
gsyguy

Male
Number of posts : 214
Job/hobbies : wet/dry/black/sometime down rite rude bnut most of all FUNNY
Registration date : 2008-04-13

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down