www.VUE DES ISLES.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I left Manchester to escape this

2 posters

Go down

I left Manchester to escape this Empty I left Manchester to escape this

Post by GD Thu 14 Aug 2008, 9:40 pm

ISLANDERS are being warned to be extra cautious when leaving their cars, after two vehicles were targeted at the weekend.

A Land Rover parked in the Vrangue and a Ford Fiesta in Pitronnerie Road were entered sometime on Saturday night, but were not discovered until the following morning.

Guy Rogers, 30, had left his keys in his Land Rover, believing the car to be safe. When he awoke the next morning he discovered that his car had been moved 10 metres.
‘I thought it had rolled back as it is parked on a slope, but it would have rolled onto the road.
‘The keys I left inside were gone as well.

Mr Rogers said that he did not hear anything as it was late at night and his road was usually quite noisy. He asked that the thieves return his keys to the vehicle as he said that it would save him unnecessary expense.
‘You don’t expect car theft in Guernsey. You still think you can get away with it, but clearly you can’t. It means I’ve lost a set of keys, which is disappointing.’

Gemma de la Haye also found that her car had been tampered with.
The 24-year-old went to her car on Sunday afternoon and found the indicator stick broken off and a biro stuck in the ignition.
‘I picked it up and thought “what’s that doing there?”. The glove box was open so I thought somebody had been in it. There was ink all over the ignition, which I got all over me. (thisisguernsey)
GD
GD

Male
Number of posts : 10122
Job/hobbies : Website Forums...lol
Humor : Anything that makes me laugh
Registration date : 2008-03-06

http://www.vuedesisles.com

Back to top Go down

I left Manchester to escape this Empty Re: I left Manchester to escape this

Post by Pete Burtenshaw Fri 15 Aug 2008, 8:10 am

simple...lock your car and home up...........will people never learn.......Gsy is not a back water..

Pete Burtenshaw

Male
Number of posts : 652
Registration date : 2008-03-16

Back to top Go down