www.VUE DES ISLES.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

No bail for new dad after CS spray case

+2
wayside
GD
6 posters

Go down

No bail for new dad after CS spray case Empty No bail for new dad after CS spray case

Post by GD Tue 19 Aug 2008, 10:18 pm

NEW dad Samuel Bishop, 19, will spend the next three-and-a-half weeks away from his partner and days-old baby daughter.

And their separation might last a lot longer after police had to use CS spray on Bishop and on his father, Christopher, 40, during an incident at the Weighbridge taxi rank early on Sunday.

Bishop junior, of Flat 2, 45, Longstore, admitted disorderly behaviour and assaulting and resisting police. Bishop senior, of Trafford House, Les Croutes, St Peter Port, admitted disorderly behaviour and obstructing police.

Advocate Paul Lockwood said that the younger accused had become a father in the last two weeks and wanted to spend time with his partner and baby daughter before the almost inevitable term of youth detention, but the bail application was refused and the accused, who had a bad record, was remanded in custody until sentencing on 11 September. (from thisisguernsey)

He got what he deserved....

Last edited by GD on Wed 20 Aug 2008, 11:15 am; edited 1 time in total
GD
GD

Male
Number of posts : 10122
Job/hobbies : Website Forums...lol
Humor : Anything that makes me laugh
Registration date : 2008-03-06

http://www.vuedesisles.com

Back to top Go down

No bail for new dad after CS spray case Empty Re: No bail for new dad after CS spray case

Post by wayside Tue 19 Aug 2008, 10:52 pm

Trouble at the Taxi Rank, If the Bus had been running maybe it would relieve the tensions on the rank in the early hours ;-)
wayside
wayside

Male
Number of posts : 700
Humor : If Its Funny, Its Funny
Registration date : 2008-03-11

Back to top Go down

No bail for new dad after CS spray case Empty Re: No bail for new dad after CS spray case

Post by steve 19 Wed 20 Aug 2008, 1:08 am

I doubt it, shame he didn't think of spending time with his newborn instead of being a cock !!
steve 19
steve 19

Male
Number of posts : 1272
Job/hobbies : Motorsport
Humor : Hell yes

Back to top Go down

Post by Pete Burtenshaw Wed 20 Aug 2008, 5:42 am

Are you saying that this incident would not have happened if the yellow bus had been there or are you promoting someone’s business via this post…….. I agree with Steve 19 and I bet this lad and his father is regretting their actions. What is required is a regular Police presence at the rank not cocky trouble making police officers looking for an arrest but good pro officers who are there but are not if you see what I mean.

Pete Burtenshaw

Male
Number of posts : 652
Registration date : 2008-03-16

Back to top Go down

Post by MarkyD Wed 20 Aug 2008, 7:30 am

I agree that he got what he deserved. Whether Taxis or Busses are running cannot excuse what happened. Everyone knows that come kickout time, the queue for the Taxi rank starts trying to go up the Avenue.

Like Steve says, if family was that important to him considering the baby being only a couple of weeks old, he should have thought about that rather than fuelling this islands long list of weekend troublemakers.
MarkyD
MarkyD

Male
Number of posts : 1148
Job/hobbies : Professional Layabout
Humor : Manic - varying from dirty to clinically insane
Registration date : 2008-05-11

http://www.cwgsy.net/community/minimotoraceclub

Back to top Go down

Post by wayside Wed 20 Aug 2008, 11:46 am

To be honest I dont even know what happened, All I do know is there are more people trying to get home and not enough Taxis to do the job, I have been told that there seems to be more agro at the ranks in the fast month since the bus stopped so assumed it might have been a contributing factor.

I also know that people who are usually sensible are deciding t drive home drunk as they get fed up of waiting, problem is if they do it once and get away with it, they will do it every week until they get caught or have an accident, which is a great leap backwards.

The taxi problem is not just late nights but trying to get a Taxi for the early flights for visitors returning home seems to be getting harder, last week we had to take people to the airport as no taxis were available.
wayside
wayside

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Pete Burtenshaw Wed 20 Aug 2008, 8:16 pm

Wayside why don’t you just come out with it and say you support bringing back the buses and stretchy limos......where is the stats regarding the massive increase regarding those who are over the limit are taking the risk and driving home because they can not get a taxi. One would have thought the police would have stepped up their presence on the roads if this is the case. I have spoken with taxi drivers and they tell me it’s very quite.

Pete Burtenshaw

Male
Number of posts : 652
Registration date : 2008-03-16

Back to top Go down

Post by Digger Wed 20 Aug 2008, 8:31 pm

If people want to go around causing trouble they must take the consequences of their actions. As for the bus i can't see the logic in the post the bus was only of use to very few who happened to live on the route. If they do want to bring back the bus let the bloke get a bus that is in better condition .
Digger
Digger

Male
Number of posts : 7134
Job/hobbies : Motorsport, Photography, Gardening.
Humor : Absolutely !!
Registration date : 2008-03-07

Back to top Go down

Post by wayside Wed 20 Aug 2008, 9:42 pm

First of all I dont really care one way or the other as It does not affect me, but I have been told by sever young people who used to use the but every week that they miss it, I have also been told by police officers that it used to help clear a bulk of people 50+ at a time and that was useful

I have also been told by 2 people that they know of others driving while drunk that used to get the bus.

As far as I am aware the bus was taken off the route for several reasons but NON that were safety issues so the condition of the bus was not the problem.
wayside
wayside

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down