www.VUE DES ISLES.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Airline "cherry-picking" routes

2 posters

Go down

Airline "cherry-picking" routes Empty Airline "cherry-picking" routes

Post by GD Tue 30 Sep 2008, 2:09 pm

Flybe has been accused of "cherry-picking" Channel Islands' air routes in an attack by Guernsey's Commerce and Employment minister, Carla McNaulty.

She said she wanted the States to have more "teeth" to prevent airlines dropping routes at short notice.

Last week the budget airline announced it was dropping its Guernsey to Paris route over the winter, having already cut routes to Manchester and Norwich.

Flybe said it hoped to reintroduce its Paris route next year.

Commerce and Employment plans to introduce a stricter licensing regime for UK routes.

'Sucessful' routes

Ms McNaulty said: "I was very surprised to hear the news last week and very disappointed.

"First with Manchester, then with Norwich and now with the Paris route, Flybe, to a degree, are cherry-picking.

"What we are looking at on the UK routes is a licensing regime where we have more teeth."

Yesterday Channel Islands airline, Blue Islands, ruled out capitalising on Flybe's decision by reintroducing its own Guernsey to Paris route.

The firm's managing director Paul Sabin said the airline wanted to concentrate on more successful routes.

Blue Islands will continue to fly to Charles De Gaulle airport in Paris from Jersey. (thisisguernsey)

Until the Island has an "Open Ports" policy the Airlines will cherry pick...
GD
GD

Male
Number of posts : 10122
Job/hobbies : Website Forums...lol
Humor : Anything that makes me laugh
Registration date : 2008-03-06

http://www.vuedesisles.com

Back to top Go down

Airline "cherry-picking" routes Empty Re: Airline "cherry-picking" routes

Post by Digger Tue 30 Sep 2008, 3:59 pm

There needs to be more competition not only in the skies but in the water also until then we will have to pay top dollar. Sad state of affairs really.
Digger
Digger

Male
Number of posts : 7134
Job/hobbies : Motorsport, Photography, Gardening.
Humor : Absolutely !!
Registration date : 2008-03-07

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum