www.VUE DES ISLES.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Prison numbers hit record level

2 posters

Go down

Prison numbers hit record level Empty Prison numbers hit record level

Post by GD Tue 04 Nov 2008, 8:34 pm

THE Island’s prison population swelled to its highest level ever last year.
Figures released in the HM Prison La Moye annual report for 2007 reveal that there were, on average, 183 inmates locked up each day. The comparative figures for previous years were 174 in 2006, 172 in 2005 and 171 in 2004.
In addition, the population on at least one day hit the 200 mark for the first time. The fewest prisoners incarcerated at La Moye on any one day last year was 172, compared to an average of 158 in the three preceding years.
Despite the record figures, however, the new prison governor, Bill Millar, who took up his post in March, has given an upbeat assessment of the year. Mr Millar took over from former governor Steve Guy-Gibbens, who resigned complaining that bureaucracy was suffocating efforts to improve conditions at the jail, which have been severely criticised in successive HM Inspectors reports. (from thisisjersey)

Its about time that "Foreign" inmates were sent back to their own countries to serve thier sentence imposed on them..
GD
GD

Male
Number of posts : 10122
Job/hobbies : Website Forums...lol
Humor : Anything that makes me laugh
Registration date : 2008-03-06

http://www.vuedesisles.com

Back to top Go down

Prison numbers hit record level Empty Re: Prison numbers hit record level

Post by Simple Me Tue 04 Nov 2008, 9:35 pm

GD you are so right, Why should us tax payers pay for the "Imports" who break the law, prehaps the deputies coming up for election could answer this, All these bloody law breakers be sent back home and be made to serve thier sentance

Simple Me

Male
Number of posts : 116
Registration date : 2008-10-24

Back to top Go down