www.VUE DES ISLES.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Man builds Lamborghini in his cellar... but needs digger to drive it out .

Go down

Man builds Lamborghini in his cellar... but needs digger to drive it out . Empty Man builds Lamborghini in his cellar... but needs digger to drive it out .

Post by Digger Wed 05 Nov 2008, 7:35 pm

A man built a Lamborghini sports car in his cellar - but then needed a digger to drive it out.Ken Imhoff fell in love with the Countach after seeing one in the movie Cannonball Run.However,
the car fanatic couldn't afford to buy one so instead he spent ten
years building one in the basement of his home in Wisconsin, U.S.After
the completion of his masterpiece, Ken encountered a problem when he
realised there was no garage door to drive the Lamborghini through.
Man builds Lamborghini in his cellar... but needs digger to drive it out . Article-1083186-025A9468000005DC-762_468x314

Car-azy: Ken Imhoff's hand-crafted Lamborghini then had to be dug out with an excavatorTherefore
he decided to dig a ramp and hire an excavator to gouge out a slope in
his garden and dig down into the foundations of the house to get the
car out.Ken said: 'I was like an expectant father watching it
come through the wall. I was literally shaking. It was like an artist
unwrapping his masterpiece.
'I knew at the moment the last blanket was removed I'd accomplished what I'd dreamed about so many years before.'The
neighbours started gathering around as it emerged, waiting for me to
remove the blankets. I had never seen it in the light of day either.
Man builds Lamborghini in his cellar... but needs digger to drive it out . Article-1083186-025A940F000005DC-678_468x343

Rescue mission: Workmen clear the area beneath Ken Imhoff's home in Wisconsin ready to dig his supercar out
Man builds Lamborghini in his cellar... but needs digger to drive it out . Article-1083186-025A9422000005DC-29_468x346

Big job: A digger gouged out a slope in his garden, even removing a section of the property's foundations'As
the last blanket and car cover were removed I knew at that moment I had
accomplished what I had dreamed about so many years ago and to see it
sitting there in front of me was surreal.'The whole process took two-and-a-half hours and there it was, my Lamborghini safely in the garage.'The next day we filled the hole in the basement with new block in no time it was good as new.'

Man builds Lamborghini in his cellar... but needs digger to drive it out . Article-1083186-025A9458000005DC-181_468x312

Pride and joy: It took Ken ten long years to assemble his dream motor

How about that then.
Digger
Digger

Male
Number of posts : 7134
Job/hobbies : Motorsport, Photography, Gardening.
Humor : Absolutely !!
Registration date : 2008-03-07

Back to top Go down