www.VUE DES ISLES.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

States buys land at airport

2 posters

Go down

States buys land at airport Empty States buys land at airport

Post by GD Tue 16 Dec 2008, 1:43 pm

By Nigel Baudains

States buys land at airport Airport-runway-11-12-2008James Linane’s graphic shows the area of land the States has bought.
THE States has bought land at the western end of the runway for £135,000.
The 15 vergees would be essential for any development work regardless of whether or not the runway was extended.
‘We are pleased to have concluded this purchase of land which is important to the operation of the airport and options for the future,’ said a Treasury and Resources spokesman.
The land was advertised for sale in April on a sealed tender basis, but the States warned the vendor that compulsory purchase was an option if the two parties could not reach an agreement on price.
Public Services’ favoured option is not to extend the runway, but to move it to the west so the safety areas can be extended at both ends.
But Commerce and Employment would like an objective assessment carried out to determine the viability (from thisisguernsey)
GD
GD

Male
Number of posts : 10122
Job/hobbies : Website Forums...lol
Humor : Anything that makes me laugh
Registration date : 2008-03-06

http://www.vuedesisles.com

Back to top Go down

States buys land at airport Empty Re: States buys land at airport

Post by Digger Fri 19 Dec 2008, 8:02 pm

Looking at the plan it looks like they will make that road obsolete not that it matters that much but i wonder what sort of run-off area they will need lookout checkers . It looks like very little extra runway not including the run-off .

As a side note i was under the impression that the States were supposed to be tightening their belts , then proceed in going out in buying ships and fields .
Digger
Digger

Male
Number of posts : 7134
Job/hobbies : Motorsport, Photography, Gardening.
Humor : Absolutely !!
Registration date : 2008-03-07

Back to top Go down