www.VUE DES ISLES.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

JEC adds its support for the big lighting switch-off

4 posters

Go down

JEC adds its support for the big lighting switch-off Empty JEC adds its support for the big lighting switch-off

Post by GD Tue 10 Mar 2009, 10:43 pm

THE Jersey Electricity Company is fully behind the worldwide campaign to get people to switch off their lights for an hour later this month.
Last week the JEP revealed that Jersey had joined the international Earth Hour initiative to get a billion people to switch off their lights at 8.30 pm on Saturday 28 March.
The JEC’s chief executive, Chris Ambler, pictured, said that they planned to monitor exactly how much energy Islanders save during the ‘hour of darkness’.
‘We will monitor the Island’s load closely to assess the impact of the initiative,’ said Mr Ambler. ‘Jersey Electricity is a strong supporter of this event and is delighted to be participating in an initiative that will help to reduce energy consumption and reduce carbon emissions.’

Will it really a difference?
GD
GD

Male
Number of posts : 10122
Job/hobbies : Website Forums...lol
Humor : Anything that makes me laugh
Registration date : 2008-03-06

http://www.vuedesisles.com

Back to top Go down

JEC adds its support for the big lighting switch-off Empty Re: JEC adds its support for the big lighting switch-off

Post by karma Tue 10 Mar 2009, 10:45 pm

NOT unless all the C.I. Banks and Finance Houses turn theirs off (I mean the ones that are on all week-end and every night!!!!!

Female
Number of posts : 16109
Job/hobbies : travelling
Humor : warped (or so my friends inform me)
Registration date : 2009-01-30

Back to top Go down

JEC adds its support for the big lighting switch-off Empty Re: JEC adds its support for the big lighting switch-off

Post by Thistle Wed 11 Mar 2009, 7:13 am

lots of them around karma eh.maybe with the credit crunch they will switch off as they will be worrying about their electricity bills lol
Thistle
Thistle

Female
Number of posts : 10987
Job/hobbies : housewife,mother,gardener,
Humor : sometimes
Registration date : 2008-03-07

Back to top Go down

Post by wayside Wed 11 Mar 2009, 1:59 pm

I suppose health and safety woud say ist not safe to turn the lights off or even reduce the amount of light in businesses but in the home I dont see a problem.

Itr would make more sence to push the low energy light bulbs though as thats an ongoing saving
wayside
wayside

Male
Number of posts : 700
Humor : If Its Funny, Its Funny
Registration date : 2008-03-11

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down