www.VUE DES ISLES.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Abuse inquiry bid reaches High Court

2 posters

Go down

Abuse inquiry bid reaches High Court Empty Abuse inquiry bid reaches High Court

Post by GD Mon 16 Mar 2009, 6:34 pm

FORMER Health Minister Stuart Syvret this week begins his bid to prove that Justice Secretary Jack Straw, pictured, has a duty to intervene in the administration of justice in the Island.
He and UK MP John Hemming will be appearing in the Royal Courts of Justice in the High Court at a permissions hearing to apply to seek a judicial review of Mr Straw’s decision not to intervene in Jersey’s child abuse inquiry by appointing UK prosecutors and judges.
They are making this move tomorrow in the name of Justice For Families Ltd, of which Mr Hemming is the chairman and Senator Syvret is a director. Senator Syvret said that they would be asking the lawyers representing the UK Government to concede that the Justice Secretary did have constitutional powers to ensure good governance and the proper administration of justice in the Crown dependencies.
‘We are also aiming to show the court that there has been a breakdown in good governance and the administration of justice to a sufficient degree in Jersey that it merits such an intervention,’ he said. (from thisisjersey)
GD
GD

Male
Number of posts : 10122
Job/hobbies : Website Forums...lol
Humor : Anything that makes me laugh
Registration date : 2008-03-06

http://www.vuedesisles.com

Back to top Go down

Abuse inquiry bid reaches High Court Empty Re: Abuse inquiry bid reaches High Court

Post by Simple Me Thu 19 Mar 2009, 10:29 pm

Syvret what a waste of time, about time this man was thrownout of the States

Simple Me

Male
Number of posts : 116
Registration date : 2008-10-24

Back to top Go down