www.VUE DES ISLES.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

TOP COP IN JERSEY ABUSE INQUIRY SLAMS PREDECESSOR

5 posters

Go down

TOP COP IN JERSEY ABUSE INQUIRY SLAMS PREDECESSOR Empty TOP COP IN JERSEY ABUSE INQUIRY SLAMS PREDECESSOR

Post by Dell Wed 02 Sep 2009, 5:24 pm

The man who's been heading up Jersey historic abuse inquiry has criticised
the way it was handled before he took charge.

Detective Superintendent Mick Gradwell's left the island now - but not before
breaking his silence about the investigation.

DS Gradwell was brought a year ago to take over from Lenny Harper as Senior
Investigating Officer in Jersey's most high profile and expensive police
inquiry into allegations of historic abuse.

Much of that cost was borne out of excavations at the former Haut de la
Garenne children's home; searches DS Gradwell says weren't justified.

He has said he hopes there will be a public hearing into what happened.

From Island FM.

###########################################

Oh dear, more negative comment on this expensive Jersey enquiry!

Dell
Dell

Male
Number of posts : 4468
Humor : Yes please!
Registration date : 2008-12-31

Back to top Go down

TOP COP IN JERSEY ABUSE INQUIRY SLAMS PREDECESSOR Empty Re: TOP COP IN JERSEY ABUSE INQUIRY SLAMS PREDECESSOR

Post by boatyboy Sat 05 Sep 2009, 7:41 pm

A GOOD, STRAIGHT COP RESPONDS TO THE JERSEY ESTABLISHMENT’S LIES.

Some “Inconvenient” Conclusions: Attorney General William Bailhache Tried to Stop Wateridge Being Charged.

Documentary Evidence Proves Dig at HDLG Was Justified. The rest here:

http://stuartsyvret.blogspot.com/2009/09/lenny-harpers-guest-posting.html

boatyboy

Male
Number of posts : 176
Registration date : 2009-05-28

Back to top Go down

TOP COP IN JERSEY ABUSE INQUIRY SLAMS PREDECESSOR Empty Re: TOP COP IN JERSEY ABUSE INQUIRY SLAMS PREDECESSOR

Post by st_ouennais Sat 05 Sep 2009, 9:09 pm

My favourite paragraph:

Bill Ogley then intervened to ask me, “You do realise this could bring down the Government?” I told him that was not my concern. My concern was getting to the truth.

I think that puts a lot of recent events in context.

st_ouennais

Male
Number of posts : 114
Job/hobbies : Global environmental concern
Humor : Not today
Registration date : 2008-06-23

http://st-ouennais.livejournal.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by boatyboy Mon 07 Sep 2009, 1:33 am

Many people from all over the world, are commenting on Senator Syvrets blogg, after reading the documented response from policeman Lenny Harper which he published as a guest writer after the stand in police officers tried to do a hatchet job on him through the media.

What the hell was Jerseys media ( BBC Radio, CTV. JEP) doing, going all out in an a gang rape of Mr Harpers professional reputation ? Without researching the child abuse records of statements made previously. This would have shown much spin was now being offered as NEW…. news, and was different to what was actually said by Mr Harper, he was being miss-quoted all over the place.

The silence is Erie this weekend from them all, except from one line of over 100 (so far) responses on S.Syvrets blogg. GUERNSEY PRESS WILL REPORT says the anonymous poster.

If this has been genuinely picked up by someone from your newspaper, let us hope Guernsey news professionals have more integrity and fever for the truth, than the Muppet's that run Jerseys local paper and media.

BB

boatyboy

Male
Number of posts : 176
Registration date : 2009-05-28

Back to top Go down

Post by technophobe Mon 07 Sep 2009, 9:26 am

I thought that the GP and the JEP were owned by the same people, and are therefore prone to a similar "Frank Walker friendly" attitude.

I would love this not to be the case as Lenny Harper ought to be afforded some mainstream coverage in order to get his response to last week's accusations out there. His post on SS's blog was comprehensive and in my view totally believable. The behaviour of Jersey's oligarchy has been nothing short of despicable throughout this whole sorry affair, from dropping charges to rubbishing the actions of officers who don't blindly toe the establishment line.

I know who I'd have more trust in, an old fashioned highly decorated copper beats a slimy lawyer and a police PR man any day of the week.

technophobe

Male
Number of posts : 421
Registration date : 2008-10-13

Back to top Go down

Post by Fast Robert Mon 07 Sep 2009, 9:59 am

I'm not sure the GEP has integrity. It pretends to have an agenda, sort of Express-lite (if it could get any lite-r)....I think the media group is the same owner of the JEP....
This needs to be published. It's clear that the national papers were far more accurate in their reporting, then rubbished as "attacks on the tax havens".

There are SERIOUS governance issues here.

Turks and Caicos? There be dragons...
Fast Robert
Fast Robert

Male
Number of posts : 301
Registration date : 2008-12-17

Back to top Go down

Post by st_ouennais Mon 07 Sep 2009, 1:17 pm

boatyboy wrote:
Many people from all over the world, are commenting on Senator Syvrets blogg, after reading the documented response from policeman Lenny Harper which he published as a guest writer after the stand in police officers tried to do a hatchet job on him through the media.

What the hell was Jerseys media ( BBC Radio, CTV. JEP) doing, going all out in an a gang rape of Mr Harpers professional reputation ? Without researching the child abuse records of statements made previously. This would have shown much spin was now being offered as NEW…. news, and was different to what was actually said by Mr Harper, he was being miss-quoted all over the place.

The silence is Erie this weekend from them all, except from one line of over 100 (so far) responses on S.Syvrets blogg. GUERNSEY PRESS WILL REPORT says the anonymous poster.

If this has been genuinely picked up by someone from your newspaper, let us hope Guernsey news professionals have more integrity and fever for the truth, than the Muppet's that run Jerseys local paper and media.

BB

It is not just the media silence that is worrying. Where is the political leadership? Senator Syvret has taken his stand, everyone else appears to be in heads below the parapet mode. That's no way to deal with such serious issues. The States are about to spend 3 days debating States reform, and probably get nowhere, but the deadly serious matters raised by Gradwell , and even more so by Haprer go unattended. God help us when the other really serious stuff stars to hit, like peak oil, because on this evidence the States certainly won't.

st_ouennais

Male
Number of posts : 114
Job/hobbies : Global environmental concern
Humor : Not today
Registration date : 2008-06-23

http://st-ouennais.livejournal.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down