www.VUE DES ISLES.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

WHAT PRICE CARBON FOOTPRINTS

Go down

WHAT PRICE CARBON FOOTPRINTS Empty WHAT PRICE CARBON FOOTPRINTS

Post by karma Fri 20 Mar 2009, 7:36 pm

WHILE WE ALL TRY TO DEAL WITH CARBON FOOTPRINTS OUR SO CALLED 'LEADERS OF THE WORLD' ARE BUSY LAUNCHING YET ANOTHER SHUTTLE MISSION........ANYONE BUT ME THINK THAT THE REASON THE OZONE LAYER IS SHOT TO SH1T IS NOTHING TO DO WITH COWS OR EVEN DEODORANTS.......

NASA managers decided Friday to set the next launch of the space shuttle Discovery for March 11. Liftoff of the 125th shuttle mission, the first of five planned for this year, is scheduled from the Kennedy Space Center in Florida. The mission had been on hold to resolve safety concerns with the ship's fuel pressure valves. We're feeling really, really good," shuttle launch director Mike Leinbach told reporters at a press conference. "It's great to have a launch date."

Led by shuttle commander Lee Archambault, the astronauts landed their T-38 jets on a runway at NASA's Kennedy Space Center in Cape Canaveral, Florida thiw week. Archambault and his crew are poised to launch on a two-week construction mission to deliver the final segment of the space station's backbone-like main truss and install the outpost's last pair of U.S.-built solar arrays. Four spacewalks are planned for the mission.

It appears that the the seven men who will ride space shuttle Discovery into orbit this week are an athletic bunch. When they're not training for a space shot, they're skiing, skating, snowboarding, biking or running. Moreover four of the astronauts' last names begin with "A," so they're sometimes called the "A team." They will deliver and install the last set of solar wings at the international space station. Liftoff is set for Wednesday night. The launch was supposed to be a month earlier, but concerns about shuttle valves led to repeated delays.

Discovery's fourteen-day mission will include the delivery of the final part of an array of solar wing panels to the International Space Station, a $100 billion project under construction for more than a decade. The space shuttle program is due to be retired by the US space agency next year after more than thirty years of service.

THESE ARE FROM AMERICAN FRIENDS WHO SAW THE SHUTTLE GO UP......

They posted pictures and I mentioned the Carbon Footprints...........

(ME) I feel a song coming on.......I traced it's carbon footsteps in the sky :-)

Here in the States, we have a funny attitude toward the ozone problem: we make it a law that all cars have to pass emissions tests. Then we let millions of semi-trucks and dump trucks and all kinds of trucks and busses blow tons of black smoke into the air all over the country for those who follow to inhale. If we didn't inhale so much of it, the ozone problem would probably be worse. ;-)

--- now if only they'd add nicotine to that diesel...

I understand what your saying Karma, but its still an awesome thing to see :)

Seems if it's awesome enought - the rest of the world have to do things to offset America's lack of responsibility!!!!!!

I feel a song coming on.......I traced it's carbon footsteps in the sky :-)))))

Female
Number of posts : 16109
Job/hobbies : travelling
Humor : warped (or so my friends inform me)
Registration date : 2009-01-30

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum