www.VUE DES ISLES.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Brothels should be legalised, say nurses

5 posters

Go down

Brothels should be legalised, say nurses Empty Brothels should be legalised, say nurses

Post by GD Wed 13 May 2009, 3:15 pm

Decriminalising groups of prostitutes who band together would make their working lives safer, delegates at the RCN's annual congress in Harrogate heard.

The "stigma" which surrounds working girls means many are afraid to visit their doctors or local hospital and leaves them vulnerable to attacks, as seen with the murder of five prostitutes in Ipswich in 2006.

Police fear laws to criminalise men who pay for sex will be 'unworkable'The vote calling for legalised brothels, by the mainly female union, was described by one delegate as the "good girls helping the bad girls".

Carol Watts, a nurse from Cambridgeshire, who proposed the motion, said: "The simple truth is that there will always be people willing to pay for sex with others without commitment.

"We should acknowledge that that is part of life in the UK and should make sure that there is not an underclass of marginalised women in the country.

She added: "Perhaps the stigma of being a working girl can be reduced over time and we will remove our morality goggles."

Legalising brothels would make it easier for sex workers to get free condoms and screening for sexually-transmitted diseases, the conference heard.

However, Sue Haworth, another nurse, said that more needed to be done to deal with the problems of drug addiction.

She said: "We need to get real about the problems of prostitutes.

"We need to get more real about getting systems in this country to support women and advise them to get out of this dreadful life rather than support them to choose to be a prostitute."

A motion that up to four prostitutes should be allowed to work together legally was passed at the conference by a margin of more than nine to one. (from Telegraph)

Well what do you think?

Should we legalise Brothels?

Would it ever be allowed in the Channel Islands?
GD
GD

Male
Number of posts : 10122
Job/hobbies : Website Forums...lol
Humor : Anything that makes me laugh
Registration date : 2008-03-06

http://www.vuedesisles.com

Back to top Go down

Brothels should be legalised, say nurses Empty Re: Brothels should be legalised, say nurses

Post by Anomiso Wed 13 May 2009, 3:16 pm

What! They are Not??????? Shocked
Anomiso
Anomiso

Female
Number of posts : 1968
Registration date : 2009-02-03

Back to top Go down

Brothels should be legalised, say nurses Empty Re: Brothels should be legalised, say nurses

Post by Chok Dee Ja Wed 13 May 2009, 4:27 pm

No i dont see the need to be legalised and i doubt it would ever be legal in guernsey

Chok Dee Ja

Male
Number of posts : 1537
Registration date : 2008-05-26

Back to top Go down

Post by Dell Wed 13 May 2009, 5:15 pm

Culture is changing, but............ there is still a strong Methodist feeling in the Islands so I would be surprised if it was allowed anytime soon!!

Brothels should be legalised, say nurses MSN-Emoticon-hawaii-165

Dell
Dell

Male
Number of posts : 4468
Humor : Yes please!
Registration date : 2008-12-31

Back to top Go down

Post by karma Wed 13 May 2009, 8:00 pm

Oi what do ya mean by that - my Gran was a Methodist and she made a fine drop of Broth - best in St Sampsons :-)

Female
Number of posts : 16109
Job/hobbies : travelling
Humor : warped (or so my friends inform me)
Registration date : 2009-01-30

Back to top Go down

Post by Anomiso Thu 14 May 2009, 12:10 am

Chok Dee Ja wrote:No i dont see the need to be legalised and i doubt it would ever be legal in guernsey

How about the need of medical check ups?
Anomiso
Anomiso

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by karma Thu 14 May 2009, 12:12 am

Me muvver still made the best broth!!!!

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Chok Dee Ja Thu 14 May 2009, 12:12 pm

Anomiso wrote:
Chok Dee Ja wrote:No i dont see the need to be legalised and i doubt it would ever be legal in guernsey

How about the need of medical check ups?

What about them,i would predict that most std are passed by the general public than by prostitutes,i can give you a example of why i think this way.

In thailand a bar girl carries a card which identifies when she last had a check up its not uncommon to check weekly or fortnightly and im sure they would use protection in most cases,whilst this is no guarantee of being clean im sure its a precaution which "the local bike" does not take.

So i dont see medical check ups a issue,why would they jeopardise their main income stream ?

Chok Dee Ja

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Anomiso Thu 14 May 2009, 1:13 pm

That is exactly my point Chock.
Obviously in Thailand "bar Girls" are not prosecuted as criminal...hence they are legal?...or are they???
Anomiso
Anomiso

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Anomiso Thu 14 May 2009, 1:16 pm

From Wikipedia
Prostitution in Thailand is illegal [1], but in practice it is tolerated and regulated.

Regulated is the key word here!
They carry a health card, because that way they do not get in trouble...
Anomiso
Anomiso

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Chok Dee Ja Thu 14 May 2009, 1:24 pm

Its illegal in thailand ,its also illegal in many parts of the world but it happens worldwide.

No they carry a healthcard because they want to keep healthy in what is a dangerous way to make a income.

Some girls dont carry cards,their choice

Chok Dee Ja

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Anomiso Thu 14 May 2009, 1:28 pm

Chok Dee Ja wrote:Its illegal in thailand ,its also illegal in many parts of the world but it happens worldwide.
But in other parts of the word in Not Tolerated nor regulated it is prosecuted!
Here for instance
Brothels are legal...the girls are looked after and are given medical checks...
Soliciting in the street or in bars...or where ever else, is illigal and it is a punisheble offence...
and of course it happens everywhere...It is the Oldest Trade in the world!!!...and has such should be at least regulated! Wink
Anomiso
Anomiso

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Chok Dee Ja Thu 14 May 2009, 1:32 pm

Amsterdam ?

Chok Dee Ja

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Anomiso Thu 14 May 2009, 1:35 pm

How do I know??? I have never worked there.... Wink
Anomiso
Anomiso

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by karma Thu 14 May 2009, 1:38 pm

makes you sound like you've got inside information Ano :-)

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Anomiso Thu 14 May 2009, 1:41 pm

I always like to be "well informed"!!! :-)
Anomiso
Anomiso

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by karma Thu 14 May 2009, 1:50 pm

hehe - yes Madam :-)

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Anomiso Thu 14 May 2009, 2:01 pm

:-) :-) :-)
Anomiso
Anomiso

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Chok Dee Ja Thu 14 May 2009, 3:13 pm

I doubt you two would earn much ,i know theres a market for the older woman but come on thats stretching it a bit

Razz

Chok Dee Ja

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by karma Thu 14 May 2009, 3:14 pm

no we don't do it - we organise the beauties and the licences :-)oh I nearly forgot and take the money :-)

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Chok Dee Ja Thu 14 May 2009, 3:32 pm

Pimps then Razz

Chok Dee Ja

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by karma Thu 14 May 2009, 3:53 pm

:-) 8) :-)

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down