www.VUE DES ISLES.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Atheist cleaners could sue Christian care homes over crucifixes

+3
bug1
Spirit
GD
7 posters

Go down

Atheist cleaners could sue Christian care homes over crucifixes Empty Atheist cleaners could sue Christian care homes over crucifixes

Post by GD Mon 08 Jun 2009, 3:58 pm

The way the bill is written means non-Christians could sue for harassment if church authorities do not remove religious imagery, according to Monsignor Andrew Summersgill, general secretary of the Bishops' Conference of England and Wales.
He said the bill, currently being examined by Parliament's Equality Bill Committee, could have a "chilling effect" on religious expression.Bishops are concerned that religious authorities could be left in an impossible legal position, because under the bill it would be up to the employer to prove that displaying such an image did not amount to harassment or an employee.

In a written statement to the committee, Mgr Summersgill said: "A cleaner may be an atheist or of very different religious beliefs. Nonetheless if a cleaner found the crucifixes offensive there would be no defence in law against a charge of harassment."
He added: "If this bill is serious about equality, everything possible must be done to avoid it having a chilling effect on religious expression and practice."
The bishops are also worried that they Equality Bill will establish what they believe would amount to a "hierarchy of rights", with the rights of homosexuals overruling those of religious expression.

Oh boy.....
GD
GD

Male
Number of posts : 10122
Job/hobbies : Website Forums...lol
Humor : Anything that makes me laugh
Registration date : 2008-03-06

http://www.vuedesisles.com

Back to top Go down

Atheist cleaners could sue Christian care homes over crucifixes Empty Re: Atheist cleaners could sue Christian care homes over crucifixes

Post by Spirit Mon 08 Jun 2009, 4:57 pm

Oh dear. I only employ gay Muslims. I could be in trouble!
Spirit
Spirit

Male
Number of posts : 3053
Registration date : 2008-04-21

Back to top Go down

Atheist cleaners could sue Christian care homes over crucifixes Empty Re: Atheist cleaners could sue Christian care homes over crucifixes

Post by bug1 Mon 08 Jun 2009, 5:48 pm

Spirit wrote:Oh dear. I only employ gay Muslims. I could be in trouble!

Positive discrimination as above should be outlawed :-)
bug1
bug1

Male
Number of posts : 4062
Registration date : 2008-12-24

Back to top Go down

Post by Dell Mon 08 Jun 2009, 6:51 pm

So, in the pecking order of things, right at the bottom will be white, hetrosexual, Anglo Saxon males?

Atheist cleaners could sue Christian care homes over crucifixes Happy-080

Dell
Dell

Male
Number of posts : 4468
Humor : Yes please!
Registration date : 2008-12-31

Back to top Go down

Post by karma Mon 08 Jun 2009, 6:53 pm

[quote="Dell"]So, in the pecking order of things, right at the bottom will be white, hetrosexual, Anglo Saxon males?

Just below white, hetrosexual, Anglo Saxon females :-) which is only right and just :-) :-)

Female
Number of posts : 16109
Job/hobbies : travelling
Humor : warped (or so my friends inform me)
Registration date : 2009-01-30

Back to top Go down

Post by Anomiso Tue 09 Jun 2009, 4:51 am

Atheist cleaners could sue Christian care homes over crucifixes Queen_10

Hope she is heading for the House of Parliament! :-)
Anomiso
Anomiso

Female
Number of posts : 1968
Registration date : 2009-02-03

Back to top Go down

Post by EDDIE Tue 09 Jun 2009, 7:28 am

and peeps are moanin about the BNP getting 2 MEP seats !

isnt this just one of many things that voters are getting fed up with
EDDIE
EDDIE

Male
Number of posts : 76
Registration date : 2009-03-04

Back to top Go down

Post by Dell Tue 09 Jun 2009, 8:40 pm

Whole worlds going crazy.......

Atheist cleaners could sue Christian care homes over crucifixes Sad-012

Dell
Dell

Male
Number of posts : 4468
Humor : Yes please!
Registration date : 2008-12-31

Back to top Go down

Post by karma Tue 09 Jun 2009, 8:41 pm

You just noticed Dell - where's youse been hiding :-)

Female
Number of posts : 16109
Job/hobbies : travelling
Humor : warped (or so my friends inform me)
Registration date : 2009-01-30

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down