www.VUE DES ISLES.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Save our shoreline news July 2009

3 posters

Go down

Save our shoreline news July 2009 Empty Save our shoreline news July 2009

Post by st_ouennais Thu 02 Jul 2009, 12:52 pm

http://www.jerseyinperil.com/

Toxic ash, asbestos, cadmium, lack of testing.... I rather like this bit 'and to say that because pollution has not (yet) been detected by very limited testing is no excuse. It is akin to saying that a madman firing a machine gun into a crowd needn't be arrested until someone has been injured or killed. '

Also of note is this bit
'Scrutiny accepted that SOS' evidence and concerns were well founded and took the welcome step of contacting the Ramsar Organisation in Switzerland for advice. This is the FIRST time that our government has done so since the designation! One would have hoped that Environment would have worked closely with Ramsar after the designation rather than ignoring them?

Ramsar recommended that the firm of consultants, Bioscan UK, be retained. Bioscan have already visited the island and will present a preliminary report to Scrutiny in July. Their remit includes a critique on the original Environmental Impact Statement (EIS) conducted by Babtie Fichtner and which accompanied the Planning Application for the Incinerator. The Statement has already been roundly criticised by such authorities as Dr. Stephan Funk of Nature Heritage. (Dr. Funk's comments can be found
here). '

I look forward to that preliminary report this month ;-)

st_ouennais

Male
Number of posts : 114
Job/hobbies : Global environmental concern
Humor : Not today
Registration date : 2008-06-23

http://st-ouennais.livejournal.com/

Back to top Go down

Save our shoreline news July 2009 Empty Re: Save our shoreline news July 2009

Post by karma Thu 02 Jul 2009, 6:00 pm

Should make interesting reading.......thanks for sharing!

Female
Number of posts : 16109
Job/hobbies : travelling
Humor : warped (or so my friends inform me)
Registration date : 2009-01-30

Back to top Go down

Post by boatyboy Tue 22 Sep 2009, 12:46 am

Straight out of Mock the Week, is this what Jersey politics has become for real ?

I have been laughing so much today, and I should not be. Just once in a blue moon, something happens that is so off the wall, so unbelievable, that you well just have to laugh. My girlfriend is shocked and says this is very serious, that set me off again.

Imagine the scene important politicians complete with pads clerks and serious looks..... pens at the ready all in a seated row. Looking across their typed papers and joined together desks. The subject that the important scrutiny panel, are scrutinising are the outstanding environmental concerns. Jerseys obligations under the Ramsa Convention (protected areas) and finally the impact of the environmental assessment carried out for the new incinerator. Its all about pollution, but all is well so far.

So first to be questioned is one of Jersey planning Chiefs Andrew Scate, and also interviewed, deputy chief executive John Richardson who stated that two incidents at the plant regarding pollution were now an ongoing police criminal investigation, they then blankley refused to say any more.

So you have elected politicians trying to do their job and no answers from civil servants because the police are involved and the politicians are left high and dry, clueless and probably speechless.

Comedians get paid to write this stuff, on a serious note, did any civil servant inform the ministers at the head of these departments that investigations were under way into criminal pollution, probably not, but who the hell knows.

The mad hatters tea party is alive and well in Jersey.

Boatyboy.

Last edited by boatyboy on Tue 22 Sep 2009, 9:05 am; edited 1 time in total

boatyboy

Male
Number of posts : 176
Registration date : 2009-05-28

Back to top Go down

Post by st_ouennais Tue 22 Sep 2009, 5:55 am

It does strike one as bizarre doesn't it. Imagine you had a company and an employee manager refused to tell you, the owner, what was happening because the police were involved in an investigation into his part of the business.

st_ouennais

Male
Number of posts : 114
Job/hobbies : Global environmental concern
Humor : Not today
Registration date : 2008-06-23

http://st-ouennais.livejournal.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down