www.VUE DES ISLES.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Drug counsellor gets prisoners’ support to stay

+7
plimmerton811
Pete Burtenshaw
Spirit
wayside
GD
11 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Drug counsellor gets prisoners’ support to stay - Page 2 Empty Re: Drug counsellor gets prisoners’ support to stay

Post by Pete Burtenshaw Mon 03 Aug 2009, 5:26 pm

Fast Robert,

My points are that we have an english culture here in Gsy and the english culture is well and truly broken. Why do you think so many (white english that is) are leaving their homes and settling elsewhere.

It cannot be argued that we here in Gsy mirror the english culture in many many ways, albeit in a micro way. But we are still mirroring it. You talk to any real Guern they will tell you themselves how the island is changing and not for the best and this opinion is across the board.

In moulding our future, we should be looking at other cultures who are community based, who have not adopted the culture of greed and selfishness where money is the king.

Instead of copying
england we should be learning from this failing nation and culture and look for the community spirit that was once prevalent here in Gsy.

Before I am accused of being a racist, I am not a racist. Far from it. I have an english grandfather, Irish grandmother, German Jewish great-grandmother & English great grandfather.

Pete Burtenshaw

Number of posts : 652
Registration date : 2008-03-16

Back to top Go down

Drug counsellor gets prisoners’ support to stay - Page 2 Empty Re: Drug counsellor gets prisoners’ support to stay

Post by wayside Mon 03 Aug 2009, 5:33 pm

You can go almost anywhere in the world and people will say that things are changing for the worse, its not just a Guensey thing, its a fact we had it too good for too long and now we all have to adjust our standards of living and we dont like it.

wayside

Number of posts : 700
Registration date : 2008-03-11

Back to top Go down

Post by karma Mon 03 Aug 2009, 7:14 pm

It will not happened while our politicians start every statement about change 'In keeping with the UK guidlines' .... and IMO that is not going to happen!!!

Number of posts : 16109
Registration date : 2009-01-30

Back to top Go down

Post by plimmerton811 Mon 03 Aug 2009, 9:02 pm

Apart from recommending a good councilor I can also recommend a good optician.............you obviously need both.....

Above is as personal as any of the other comments and no warning, let's be consistent.

Pete, as much as any Guern will dislike this comment it is true, we are part of Britain like it or lump it so it stands to reason that we will take on the good and the bad qualities of our mother nation. There are many of the bad bits that you mentioned in a previous post that Guern' probably taught, certainly leads the UK. For instance, drinking alcohol, money as the b all and end all. Perhaps you could enlighten me with a nation that as a shining example we should follow, you will be very hard pushed unless you take the good bits out of several.

plimmerton811

Number of posts : 717
Registration date : 2008-11-01

Back to top Go down

Post by technophobe Tue 04 Aug 2009, 8:30 am

Fast Robert and Plimmerton

Thank you for your posts, it seems that personal attacks are allowed on some members but not on others, not that I'm particularly bothered by it but what's good for one should be good for all.

As I've said before, harking back to the "good old days" when we all grew tomatoes, the island was full of tourists, you could leave your front door open etc is just pointless. And despite what Pete says, not every "real Guern" will tell you that the island is going to rack and ruin, far from it in fact. There are plenty of "real Guerns" (not only in the finance industry) who are doing very well and who are not so negative as to forever dream of yesteryear when the sun shone from May to September and you could go out for the night (and get a bag of chips on the way home) all for tuppence halfpenny.

Not all of us want to live in isolation from the UK Pete (or Europe for that matter) there are actually some "real Guerns" who do accept that there is another world outside of these 24 square miles.

technophobe

Number of posts : 421
Registration date : 2008-10-13

Back to top Go down

Post by Chok Dee Ja Fri 07 Aug 2009, 9:06 am

Pete i know you very well and when i read some of the comments you put on here i really wonder if you actually believe it yourself,so lets have the Pete Burtenshaw blueprint for Guernsey

I await your comments

Chok Dee Ja

Male
Number of posts : 1537
Registration date : 2008-05-26

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2