www.VUE DES ISLES.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Bad service from Magnet Ltd.

2 posters

Go down

Bad service from Magnet Ltd. Empty Bad service from Magnet Ltd.

Post by Spirit Thu 03 Sep 2009, 7:27 pm

5 years ago, we had some hardwood windows fitted , that were bought at great expense from Magnet. They come with a 15 year guarantee, so we felt confident with our purchase.

After only 2 years, two of the windows started to leak badly, meaning that we are not able to use our kitchen or lounge. We complained repeatedly to Magnet and, following a change in management, we were asked to provide them with a quote to remedy the problem. This was for £1,200 to fit new windows if they provided them. Magnet then refused to pay and sent a carpenter over from England to inspect them, claiming that he is an engineer. He said that they had been badly fitted. He only just made it to the safety of the airport before the installer got hold of him.

We now have a surveyor's report stating that the windows have been fitted properly and the leak is because of a manufacturing defect, but they stated in a letter today that they do not accept any liability and will not pay for the repair. Looks like I will now be taking they to Petty Debts. Lucky that the maximum figure has just increased.

So far, Magnet have paid out more contesting my claim than it would cost to fix. I have also passed more than £20k of my business to other suppliers and, after showing the correspondence to someone, she cancelled a £10 kitchen order.

Caveat Emptor
Spirit
Spirit

Male
Number of posts : 3053
Registration date : 2008-04-21

Back to top Go down

Bad service from Magnet Ltd. Empty Re: Bad service from Magnet Ltd.

Post by karma Fri 04 Sep 2009, 10:45 am

Disgusting - and might I add on an island this size very foolhardy!!

But never fear - now it's on here - everyone will hear!!!!

The Guernsey grapevine is awesome so Magnet beware.....

Caveat Emptor indeed - but when you buy in good faith from a well known firm you should not have to 'be wary'!!!!

Female
Number of posts : 16109
Job/hobbies : travelling
Humor : warped (or so my friends inform me)
Registration date : 2009-01-30

Back to top Go down