www.VUE DES ISLES.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

NEW DRIVING INSTRUCTOR SYSTEM COULD BE TOUGHER..

+2
6 posters

Go down

NEW DRIVING INSTRUCTOR SYSTEM COULD BE TOUGHER.. Empty NEW DRIVING INSTRUCTOR SYSTEM COULD BE TOUGHER..

Post by kiwis kitten Tue 15 Sep 2009, 5:45 pm

It will soon be tougher and more expensive to be a driving instructor in
Guernsey.

Environment officials want to set up a formal register of driving instructors.

The department wants to make sure they are all appropriately qualified and
able to teach learners.

The new system does still need full approval which will mean taking the plans
to the States.

Environment say the costs and requirements of getting on the register will be
largely based on existing schemes in the UK and Jersey.

(from Island FM)
kiwis kitten
kiwis kitten

Female
Number of posts : 13377
Registration date : 2008-03-06

Back to top Go down

NEW DRIVING INSTRUCTOR SYSTEM COULD BE TOUGHER.. Empty Re: NEW DRIVING INSTRUCTOR SYSTEM COULD BE TOUGHER..

Post by karma Tue 15 Sep 2009, 6:59 pm

As I see it

1) it wont affect the cost of driving lessons then :-) ....Much!!!!
2) if it does more people will get relatives to teach them!!!!

so - What for??????

Female
Number of posts : 16109
Job/hobbies : travelling
Humor : warped (or so my friends inform me)
Registration date : 2009-01-30

Back to top Go down

NEW DRIVING INSTRUCTOR SYSTEM COULD BE TOUGHER.. Empty Re: NEW DRIVING INSTRUCTOR SYSTEM COULD BE TOUGHER..

Post by plimmerton811 Tue 15 Sep 2009, 9:09 pm

That's a good point Karma, why control driving instrutors when a relative can teach you.

Recently in Aus' a learner was pulled over by police as she was texting on the ol' mobile (like you do). Her mother was the responsible (use the word very loosley) person accompanying her and she was gazing out of the windows drinking her coffee.

plimmerton811

Male
Number of posts : 717
Registration date : 2008-11-01

Back to top Go down

Post by cockney Tue 15 Sep 2009, 9:13 pm

Its amazing how the states keep finding ways to grab even more money off people.

cockney

Male
Number of posts : 179
Registration date : 2008-12-28

Back to top Go down

Post by Spirit Tue 15 Sep 2009, 9:37 pm

Wait until this one comes over here! Possibly next year, at £80 a pop

LINKEY
Spirit
Spirit

Male
Number of posts : 3053
Registration date : 2008-04-21

Back to top Go down

Post by karma Tue 15 Sep 2009, 10:14 pm

plimmerton811 wrote:That's a good point Karma, why control driving instrutors when a relative can teach you.

Recently in Aus' a learner was pulled over by police as she was texting on the ol' mobile (like you do). Her mother was the responsible (use the word very loosley) person accompanying her and she was gazing out of the windows drinking her coffee.

I agree Plimmerton - it is scary - but outpriced is outpriced.......and you cannot overcome human nature!!! I personally went to a driving school some 45 years ago (at a cost per hour of nearly a days wages) - not sure in this day and age if it makes me a better driver than a 'relative' taught one - but as for the 'stupidity' of drivers - that is not training - that is inbred 'stupidity'!!!

Female
Number of posts : 16109
Job/hobbies : travelling
Humor : warped (or so my friends inform me)
Registration date : 2009-01-30

Back to top Go down

Post by plimmerton811 Wed 16 Sep 2009, 9:06 pm

I taught my kids and they passed first time. They had one lesson with an instructor before their test just to make sure they were safe.

plimmerton811

Male
Number of posts : 717
Registration date : 2008-11-01

Back to top Go down

Post by Dell Thu 17 Sep 2009, 2:34 pm

I have taken [and passed first time] 4 driving tests; light motorcycle, large motorcycle, car & HGV, without a single lesson, but when I taught my kids I mixed it with a driving school as I was told that they are more likely to fail you if you are 'relative' taught only! Not wanting to take the chance and pay out more money I spent wisely [in my view] to pay for a few lessons, both passed first time!

Dell
Dell

Male
Number of posts : 4468
Humor : Yes please!
Registration date : 2008-12-31

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down