www.VUE DES ISLES.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Latest fad

4 posters

Go down

Latest fad Empty Latest fad

Post by Dell Thu 24 Sep 2009, 10:49 am

Thousands of young children are buying coloured wristbands every week. But parents have no idea of their true disturbing meaning...

They are thin, plastic bracelets, the kind of innocent-looking friendship bands that schoolgirls like to wear. Available in a variety of colours and cheap enough to be bought with pocket money, they have become an overnight sensation in primary school playgrounds across the country.

But it is their name that causes alarm bells to ring: Shag-bands.

And they are worn by children far too young to truly understand what that crude term means.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-1215712/Thousands-young-children-buying-coloured-wristbands-week-But-parents-idea-true-disturbing-meaning-.html#ixzz0S12ddIUd

Were you aware of this latest fad? Has this arrived in the Islands yet?

Dell
Dell

Male
Number of posts : 4468
Humor : Yes please!
Registration date : 2008-12-31

Back to top Go down

Latest fad Empty Re: Latest fad

Post by karma Thu 24 Sep 2009, 11:12 am

Doesn't that mean how many sea-birds they've spotted on the rocks???

Sorry Dell couldn't resist that.......I indeed agree it is worrying, when my grand daughter was coming up to 8 I asked her what she was doing for her birthday and she said a party....I enquired 'tongue in cheek' if at 8 she had decided to have boys as well as girls and quick as a flash she came back to me and said NO you only have boys if you are going to throw your keys in the ring......it's not that sort of party!!! I was stumped for an answer......

Female
Number of posts : 16109
Job/hobbies : travelling
Humor : warped (or so my friends inform me)
Registration date : 2009-01-30

Back to top Go down

Post by technophobe Thu 24 Sep 2009, 11:34 am

What a load of nonsense, typical Daily Mail sensationalism. Read the comments under the story, it's not something to be taken seriously.

Thank goodness we can all sleep safe in our beds at night not worrying about all these 8 year olds having sex. No doubt some of them are taking legal highs as well, according to the Mail. And some of them are homosexuals in the making. And some of them even........wait for it......... have dark skin!! Whatever is Britain coming to? Back to Mosley and the Blackshirts, that'll sort these blighters out!!!

technophobe

Male
Number of posts : 421
Registration date : 2008-10-13

Back to top Go down

Post by Spirit Thu 24 Sep 2009, 11:49 am

On Saturday night in town, an attractive woman came up to me and asked if I could snap her ring. Now I know what she was talking about.
Spirit
Spirit

Male
Number of posts : 3053
Registration date : 2008-04-21

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down