www.VUE DES ISLES.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Cocaine widely used in clubs

3 posters

Go down

Cocaine widely used in clubs Empty Cocaine widely used in clubs

Post by GD Sun 01 Nov 2009, 4:37 pm

Cocaine widely used in clubs 0430416_Cropped

Michael Gafoor, director of the Alcohol and Drugs Service

A SECRET survey in which swabs were used in pub and nightclub toilets has worried officials that cocaine use in the Island is worse than thought.
Although the results have not yet been officially revealed, spot checks by members of the Home Affairs department are expected to show that the class A drug is ‘widely used’, especially among men aged between 26 and 40.
Swabs were taken from toilet cisterns in some licensed premises during the operation and the results have prompted a call for Jersey to introduce a cocaine campaign to raise awareness about the dangers of using the drug.
It is understood that the campaign could involve asking pubs and clubs to slope the back of their toilets to stop people using a flat surface to snort the drug.
Speaking to the JEP about the survey, which also involved interviews with around 100 Islanders, Michael Gafoor, director of the Alcohol and Drugs Service, said: ‘This survey represents a snapshot of cocaine use in Jersey. It indicates that the drug is widely used recreationally, especially by men aged 26–40 (from JEP)
GD
GD

Male
Number of posts : 10122
Job/hobbies : Website Forums...lol
Humor : Anything that makes me laugh
Registration date : 2008-03-06

http://www.vuedesisles.com

Back to top Go down

Cocaine widely used in clubs Empty Re: Cocaine widely used in clubs

Post by bug1 Sun 01 Nov 2009, 5:31 pm

"It is understood that the campaign could involve asking pubs and clubs to slope the back of their toilets to stop people using a flat surface to snort the drug.

That should sort it then. I wonder why nobody had thought of that before!
I begin to see why the States need to use consultants if that's the best they can manage.
bug1
bug1

Male
Number of posts : 4062
Registration date : 2008-12-24

Back to top Go down

Post by The Gimp Sun 01 Nov 2009, 7:06 pm

bug1 wrote:"It is understood that the campaign could involve asking pubs and clubs to slope the back of their toilets to stop people using a flat surface to snort the drug.

After reading this half a dozen times or so in disbelief, i have come to the conclusion that this has to be the most ridiculous statement i have ever heard.

Our taxes are paying for this kind of drivel.... Rant
The Gimp
The Gimp

Male
Number of posts : 355
Registration date : 2008-12-30

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down