www.VUE DES ISLES.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Dissent is growing among GFA clubs

Go down

Dissent is growing among GFA clubs Empty Dissent is growing among GFA clubs

Post by GD Fri 23 May 2008, 5:18 pm

REGISTRATIONS at first-team level and a hybrid 15-to-18 league to find Guernsey representatives in the annual Portsmouth Trophy junior ‘Upton’ are two surprise compromise moves being put forward by the GFA board.

Meanwhile, behind the scenes, there is growing dissension among senior clubs to the association’s roughshod attitude to enforcing change and it is understood another meeting of club presidents is imminent.

The compromises, which have come out this week in a revised set of GFA competition rules and by-laws, do not impress at least two club supremos. Both Rangers’ Mac Gallienne (pictured) and St Martin’s Henry Davey have laughed off the idea of a short 15-to-18 league in which clubs play each other once to find Portsmouth Trophy representatives.

‘I don’t think it’s the way forward,’ said Gallienne, who has been a big supporter of the board’s bid for wholesale change.

Davey was scathing of the idea. ‘If you are going to do that, why the hell are they going to knock out the 15-to-18 league?’ (From Thisisguernsey.com)

Seems a stupid idea tom me...
GD
GD

Male
Number of posts : 10122
Job/hobbies : Website Forums...lol
Humor : Anything that makes me laugh
Registration date : 2008-03-06

http://www.vuedesisles.com

Back to top Go down