www.VUE DES ISLES.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Bomb hoax forces St Aubin closure

3 posters

Go down

Bomb hoax forces St Aubin closure Empty Bomb hoax forces St Aubin closure

Post by GD Mon 14 Dec 2009, 3:07 pm

Bomb hoax forces St Aubin closure 00852372_Cropped

The suspect package was found outside the police sub-station next to St Brelade's Parish Hall yesterday. Picture: MATTHEW HOTTON (00852372)

POLICE are scouring CCTV cameras in a bid to find the person who left an ‘elaborate’ hoax bomb outside the police station in St Aubin yesterday morning.
Roads were cordoned off and a 200-metre exclusion zone created after the parish hall caretaker discovered the suspicious package at 9.40 am.
It was the size of a shoe box, wrapped in silver foil and sealed with duct tape. Witnesses also reported that it was ‘ticking’, had a red light on top and a cylinder sticking out of the side. It was only when a bomb disposal expert carried out a controlled explosion on the package that he discovered it was not a real bomb.
Roads into St Aubin’s were closed and shops and restaurants, including the Boat House, Cheffins, Murray’s and Checkers were evacuated. Some 40 people were directed to the Sacred Heart Roman Catholic church. (from JEP)

Ok which Guernsey person was on holiday in Jersey over the weekend..lol
GD
GD

Male
Number of posts : 10122
Job/hobbies : Website Forums...lol
Humor : Anything that makes me laugh
Registration date : 2008-03-06

http://www.vuedesisles.com

Back to top Go down

Bomb hoax forces St Aubin closure Empty Re: Bomb hoax forces St Aubin closure

Post by bug1 Mon 14 Dec 2009, 3:57 pm

You,ll never get me.There's no record of me travelling as I swam there and back.
bug1
bug1

Male
Number of posts : 4062
Registration date : 2008-12-24

Back to top Go down

Post by karma Mon 14 Dec 2009, 6:05 pm

Bug - that's eazy peazy for the Crapaud Bluebottles - it's simply a case of 'Follow That Drip' .... Bomb hoax forces St Aubin closure Lol

Female
Number of posts : 16109
Job/hobbies : travelling
Humor : warped (or so my friends inform me)
Registration date : 2009-01-30

Back to top Go down

Post by GD Tue 15 Dec 2009, 7:46 am

More security cameras need to be installed in St Aubin, a Jersey cafe owner has said.
Murray Norton is calling for the extra CCTV cameras after a fake bomb was left outside St Brelade Parish Hall.
It resulted in the evacuation of nearby businesses and homes and the closure of a major road in St Aubin on Sunday.
Mr Norton said his takings were down about 20% on what should have been one of the busiest days of the year because of the disruption.

Bomb hoax forces St Aubin closure OBomb hoax forces St Aubin closure Start_quote_rb It caused a lot of concern and a lot of distress Bomb hoax forces St Aubin closure End_quote_rb

Insp Andy Bisson

Police cordoned off and evacuated the area when the found what they thought could have been a bomb on the doorstep of the honorary police station by the parish hall.
The item, which officers described as a box wrapped in tin foil with a clock and pipes attached to it, was destroyed in a controlled explosion.
Insp Andy Bisson said: "There was nothing harmful in the device but unfortunately that wasn't known at the time officers attended.
"It caused a lot of concern for everyone in the area and a lot of distress."
Mr Norton, from Murray's Coffee Bar, said there should be more CCTV in St Aubin.
"I think we've got three or four strategic positions in the village where we can just keep an eye and make sure that if things do happen that we can find the culprits."
The States of Jersey Police told BBC Jersey they took the incident very seriously and were continuing to investigate it. (from BBC)
GD
GD

Male
Number of posts : 10122
Job/hobbies : Website Forums...lol
Humor : Anything that makes me laugh
Registration date : 2008-03-06

http://www.vuedesisles.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content