www.VUE DES ISLES.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

All elective surgery cancelled, another ward closes

2 posters

Go down

All elective surgery cancelled, another ward closes Empty All elective surgery cancelled, another ward closes

Post by GD Wed 06 Jan 2010, 11:08 am

All elective surgery has been cancelled in Guernsey following the closure of another ward at the Princess Elizabeth Hospital.

Earlier this week Victoria Wing was closed after an outbreak of diarrhoea and vomiting among patients and staff.

That's now spread to the Arnold Ward, with three patients and two staff going down with similar symptoms.

Arnold Ward is one of the two main medical wards, while Victoria Wing provides an overflow facility when those are at capacity.

With both shut, the hospital say they've had no choice but to cancel all elective surgery until further notice.

Emergency cases and priority one patients (cancer) will not be affected.

All patients whose operations today have been cancelled have been contacted and informed of the situation; hospital staff will also be contacting patients who were due to have operations later this week.

People wishing to visit patients either on Arnold Ward or Victoria Wing, other than close relatives, are asked to refrain from doing so for the next few days.
GD
GD

Male
Number of posts : 10122
Job/hobbies : Website Forums...lol
Humor : Anything that makes me laugh
Registration date : 2008-03-06

http://www.vuedesisles.com

Back to top Go down

All elective surgery cancelled, another ward closes Empty Re: All elective surgery cancelled, another ward closes

Post by kat Wed 06 Jan 2010, 11:48 am

sounds bad .i hope they get this under control soon ..and visitors use the gel system they have there
kat
kat

Female
Number of posts : 1850
Job/hobbies : bbbbbbbbbbb
Registration date : 2008-03-11

Back to top Go down