www.VUE DES ISLES.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Housing’s calendar cost defended

2 posters

Go down

Housing’s calendar cost defended Empty Housing’s calendar cost defended

Post by GD Fri 22 Jan 2010, 4:31 pm

Housing’s calendar cost defended 00875457_Cropped

Housing’s new calendar has been sent to all their 4,600 tenants

THE Housing Department has been criticised by two States Members over an £8,000 calendar sent to all tenants.
A glossy calendar was sent to all 4,600 tenants in place of the usual December newsletter. It includes a list of important dates for States tenants, contact details for the department and emergency numbers to call – as well as a large picture of a beaming Housing Minister, Senator Terry Le Main, and his assistant minister, Deputy Sean Power.
In the States this week, Deputies Shona Pitman and Phil Rondel criticised the calendar as expensive – asking whether the department could not come up with a cheaper way of getting information to tenants. Deputy Power said that it had cost £1.55 per household to print and distribute, compared to 93p for the usual magazine.
The chairman of the tenants’ forum panel, Colin Russell, said that the calendar was a useful tool for housing tenants. ‘Whether they hang the calendar up or not is up to them,’ he said. ‘I see it as a useful source of information for tenants to refer to. It has all of the relevant phone numbers on it, and the dates of important meetings for the forum in particular.’ (from JEP)

Seems like a simple newsletter would do...Waste of Tax payers money again
GD
GD

Male
Number of posts : 10122
Job/hobbies : Website Forums...lol
Humor : Anything that makes me laugh
Registration date : 2008-03-06

http://www.vuedesisles.com

Back to top Go down

Housing’s calendar cost defended Empty Re: Housing’s calendar cost defended

Post by kingcolemk Fri 22 Jan 2010, 4:39 pm

A simple newsletter would soon get lost or be thrown out. Calender has much better chance of surviving the year. Seems a good idea to me.

kingcolemk

Male
Number of posts : 1040
Registration date : 2008-12-18

Back to top Go down