www.VUE DES ISLES.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Extra buses could boost tourism

Go down

Extra buses could boost tourism Empty Extra buses could boost tourism

Post by GD Fri 05 Feb 2010, 12:31 pm

Extra buses could boost tourism _47247193_rozel5 Rozel could be included on the Island Explorer network

Two bays on Jersey's north coast could get a tourism boost if they are added to the list of destinations on the Island Explorer bus network.
The transport department has announced plans to include Bouley Bay and Rozel on the routes.
The Island Explorer services run during the tourist season but the extra routes would also give locals more regular services.
People in the island are being consulted about the proposals.
Constable Mike Jackson, the island's transport minister, said: "I am delighted to be able to offer some additional destinations on the network this year and I really hope this will attract new passengers to and from Rozel and Bouley Bay.
"I want members of the public to let me know whether they think these proposals are a good idea or not and I would like them to contact me over the next two weeks with their views."
Boost to business
The Island Explorer services will start slightly earlier this year on 1 April and will operate daily until 10 October.

Extra buses could boost tourism _47247251_bouley_bay Extra bus routes could help tourists get to the picturesque Bouley Bay

There will also be services on the remaining weekends in October.
The proposed changes would be managed within Connex's current contract and do not require additional funding.
Mark Lockwood, the manager of the Black Dog pub in Bouley Bay, said: "I think it would make a great difference to the business down here, at the moment even during the summer we've only got an hourly bus service which comes right down to the bottom of the bay.
"If there was another one obviously more tourists could come down - it's a beautiful place to be."
Islanders are being asked to give their feedback on the proposed services before 18 February.
Alex Goncalves, from the Navigator restaurant in Rozel, told BBC Jersey: "I think it's a great idea and it should have been done a long time ago."
(from BBC)
GD
GD

Male
Number of posts : 10122
Job/hobbies : Website Forums...lol
Humor : Anything that makes me laugh
Registration date : 2008-03-06

http://www.vuedesisles.com

Back to top Go down