www.VUE DES ISLES.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Scheme could see cyclists paying to use roads

5 posters

Go down

Scheme could see cyclists paying to use roads Empty Scheme could see cyclists paying to use roads

Post by GD Tue 13 Apr 2010, 7:43 am

Cyclists in Jersey may have to pay to ride on the roads.

A new cycling registration scheme's being looked at by the States and Transport and Technical Services Department.

But TTS Minister, Constable Mike Jackson doesn't believe the programme would reduce the number of thefts or make cyclists more responsible.

Another of Taxing people?....
GD
GD

Male
Number of posts : 10122
Job/hobbies : Website Forums...lol
Humor : Anything that makes me laugh
Registration date : 2008-03-06

http://www.vuedesisles.com

Back to top Go down

Scheme could see cyclists paying to use roads Empty Re: Scheme could see cyclists paying to use roads

Post by Spirit Tue 13 Apr 2010, 7:54 am

An enormous amount has been done in Jersey over the last decade to encourage cycling, including a comprehensive cycle network and a large amount of cycle parking, yet a number of Jersey States members are determined to wipe it all out. This is just the latest potty idea.

Many occasional cyclists would not bother to register so when the circumstances arise where they would previously have jumped on the pushang, they will either have to break the law or do the journey by car instead.
Spirit
Spirit

Male
Number of posts : 3053
Registration date : 2008-04-21

Back to top Go down

Scheme could see cyclists paying to use roads Empty Re: Scheme could see cyclists paying to use roads

Post by kat Tue 13 Apr 2010, 12:44 pm

this would cost money to set up ,years ago we went to the parish constables i think to get our little disc .
how much in admin would all this cost and how much would it cost to police it all
how would it work on housing estates where youngster use their bikes .some cannot go the right way in a one way street so they would also be fined as well .
when do they start to pay a bike tax ?
kat
kat

Female
Number of posts : 1850
Job/hobbies : bbbbbbbbbbb
Registration date : 2008-03-11

Back to top Go down

Post by bug1 Tue 13 Apr 2010, 9:05 pm

I think cyclists who wear LYCRA should have to pay but normal cyclists should be exempt
bug1
bug1

Male
Number of posts : 4062
Registration date : 2008-12-24

Back to top Go down

Post by plimmerton811 Tue 13 Apr 2010, 10:30 pm

bug1 wrote:I think cyclists who wear LYCRA should have to pay but normal cyclists should be exempt

Disagree to a blanket lycra tax. Just the ones, male or female, that are over weight.

plimmerton811

Male
Number of posts : 717
Registration date : 2008-11-01

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down