www.VUE DES ISLES.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Syvret: I’ll stand in the by-election

Go down

Syvret: I’ll stand in the by-election Empty Syvret: I’ll stand in the by-election

Post by GD Wed 14 Apr 2010, 8:04 pm

Syvret: I’ll stand in the by-election 00738785_Cropped

Senator Syvret protesting outside the States Building before his self-imposed exile in London

SENATOR Stuart Syvret has pledged to return to Jersey and contest
the by-election that will be called when he loses his seat at the end of this week.
On Friday it will be six months since the Senator fled the Island for London to claim ‘political and legal asylum’ in the UK, with data protection and motoring charges hanging over his head.
But there is a question over whether the Senator would be eligible to take part in the by-election under rules that stipulate that candidates must have been resident in Jersey for six months. Effectively, the same rules which mean that he loses his seat might make him ineligible for the by-election.
In a blog posting yesterday, the Senator signalled his intention to return to take part in the by-election that will be caused by his expulsion. He wrote: ‘At the very least, I will be a candidate in the forthcoming by-election.’ (from JEP)

Amazing what is the point...
GD
GD

Male
Number of posts : 10122
Job/hobbies : Website Forums...lol
Humor : Anything that makes me laugh
Registration date : 2008-03-06

http://www.vuedesisles.com

Back to top Go down