www.VUE DES ISLES.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Social housing needs are still there -Lets use empty Houses

3 posters

Go down

Social housing needs are still there -Lets use empty Houses Empty Social housing needs are still there -Lets use empty Houses

Post by GD Sat 08 May 2010, 3:38 pm

Social housing needs are still there -Lets use empty Houses 0718603

GUERNSEY’S social housing problems are far from over despite the successes of the Corporate Housing Programme, according to minister Dave Jones (pictured).
At a press conference yesterday he called for continuing support, saying that despite the many advances in provision, the needs of disabled and elderly people requiring sheltered accommodation still had to be addressed urgently.
He said some people failed to recognise that only part of the issue had been addressed so far, despite the large building programme the Guernsey Housing Association had undertaken.
‘We must make sure there is housing provision for every member of our community. We are only six years into this journey which is nothing in the lifetime of the island and I already get people saying do you really need to do more?’
‘The answer is yes, we do.’ (from thisisguernsey)

Last edited by GD on Thu 20 May 2010, 2:11 pm; edited 1 time in total
GD
GD

Male
Number of posts : 10122
Job/hobbies : Website Forums...lol
Humor : Anything that makes me laugh
Registration date : 2008-03-06

http://www.vuedesisles.com

Back to top Go down

Social housing needs are still there -Lets use empty Houses Empty Re: Social housing needs are still there -Lets use empty Houses

Post by GD Thu 20 May 2010, 2:10 pm

Social housing needs are still there -Lets use empty Houses 0437412_175DEPUTIES want empty States housing to be used for emergency accommodation.
An amendment will next week be placed to the Housing Department’s corporate housing programme report asking for it to investigate the idea and report back by November.
Those backing the bid suggest that three or four homes should be managed by an association for people who find themselves temporarily without a home.
Deputy Barry Brehaut will propose the amendment.
‘At the moment there isn’t a stock of properties that can take people who are in a housing crisis or need,’ he said. ‘Housing has been concerned before that it would have to manage emergency accommodation and it’s always been clear it would not be willing to do that.’ (from thisisguernsey)
GD
GD

Male
Number of posts : 10122
Job/hobbies : Website Forums...lol
Humor : Anything that makes me laugh
Registration date : 2008-03-06

http://www.vuedesisles.com

Back to top Go down

Social housing needs are still there -Lets use empty Houses Empty Re: Social housing needs are still there -Lets use empty Houses

Post by Thistle Thu 20 May 2010, 9:20 pm

have been saying for years housing need to keep some properties for emergencies ...
Thistle
Thistle

Female
Number of posts : 10987
Job/hobbies : housewife,mother,gardener,
Humor : sometimes
Registration date : 2008-03-07

Back to top Go down

Post by kat Fri 21 May 2010, 9:25 am

Many years ago there were some houses put aside for this .or folks would be moved into any empty one .
With so many house empty now i cant see we have a problem .
In the last few years there has been 26 where i live empty
sometimes they are empty for over a year being renovated and then are just left for months to be occupied .
kat
kat

Female
Number of posts : 1850
Job/hobbies : bbbbbbbbbbb
Registration date : 2008-03-11

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down