www.VUE DES ISLES.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Paramedics take to bikes for the big events

2 posters

Go down

Paramedics take to bikes for the big events Empty Paramedics take to bikes for the big events

Post by GD Thu 13 May 2010, 6:07 pm

Paramedics take to bikes for the big events 0968754_175

Paramedic Graham Le Maitre with his lifesaving gear and mountain bike. (Picture by Tom Tardif, 0968754)

PARAMEDICS on mountain bikes could become a regular sight after a successful trial on Liberation Day.
The Ambulance and Rescue Service carried out the trial in Town as thousands packed the seafront on Sunday.
Paramedic Graham Le Maitre was on standby to respond to incidents that would be difficult for ambulances to access. Although there had been few incidents, Mr Le Maitre said he had had access to many areas that an ambulance would have struggled to get to.
‘Access was one of the main reasons for the trial,’ he said. ‘Using mountain bikes is something they have done in the UK, especially London, for the last 10 years and what they have found is that in city centres they can get a paramedic on the scene a lot quicker.’ (from thisisguernsey)

Clever and excellent idea..
GD
GD

Male
Number of posts : 10122
Job/hobbies : Website Forums...lol
Humor : Anything that makes me laugh
Registration date : 2008-03-06

http://www.vuedesisles.com

Back to top Go down

Paramedics take to bikes for the big events Empty Re: Paramedics take to bikes for the big events

Post by Digger Thu 13 May 2010, 10:02 pm

I think its a great idea also , anything that might save life.
Digger
Digger

Male
Number of posts : 7134
Job/hobbies : Motorsport, Photography, Gardening.
Humor : Absolutely !!
Registration date : 2008-03-07

Back to top Go down