www.VUE DES ISLES.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Call for alcohol price rise to stop abuse

3 posters

Go down

Call for alcohol price rise to stop abuse Empty Call for alcohol price rise to stop abuse

Post by GD Thu 03 Jun 2010, 9:44 pm

Growing alcohol abuse amongst youngsters can only be tackled with the help of retailers, Guernsey's director of public health has said.
Dr Stephen Bridgman wants retailers to work with the alcohol strategy group to change attitudes and buying habits.
He said the problem was deep rooted and the only solution may be a significant increase in the price of alcohol.
He said: "I'm concerned people underestimate the harmful effects of alcohol."
Mr Bridgman said it was important retailers as well as parents lived up to their responsibilities.

So would putting up the price work?

Is there a better way to stop alcohol abuse by youngsters?

Post you views...
GD
GD

Male
Number of posts : 10122
Job/hobbies : Website Forums...lol
Humor : Anything that makes me laugh
Registration date : 2008-03-06

http://www.vuedesisles.com

Back to top Go down

Call for alcohol price rise to stop abuse Empty Re: Call for alcohol price rise to stop abuse

Post by Thistle Thu 03 Jun 2010, 11:10 pm

cant get any higher than in the totalgarage at the ville au roi .....went in to buy a lighter for a friend and found red smirnoff vodka at £28.99 a litre...that is £11 a litre more than in the co-op on full price...gin was about £30 a litre..think ineed to complain to total about overcharging...a damned disgrace....
Thistle
Thistle

Female
Number of posts : 10987
Job/hobbies : housewife,mother,gardener,
Humor : sometimes
Registration date : 2008-03-07

Back to top Go down

Call for alcohol price rise to stop abuse Empty Re: Call for alcohol price rise to stop abuse

Post by cockney Fri 04 Jun 2010, 5:14 pm

As has been shown with the smoking issue putting up prices will not stop people from drinking.
The coop garages prices are the same as they charge in their supermarkets, the rest are all a total rip off. Any small retail outlet that is run by Checkers is a licence to print money. All the small garages prices are over the top. I only buy fuel from the coop as I get divi from there and if I need anything else I know I will be paying a reasonable price.

cockney

Male
Number of posts : 179
Registration date : 2008-12-28

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum