www.VUE DES ISLES.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Banking Fraud

2 posters

Go down

Banking Fraud Empty Banking Fraud

Post by kingcolemk Wed 29 Sep 2010, 3:16 pm

I see a number of people have been arrested in connection with stealing £6M from on-line bank accounts.

So what happens with the people who's accounts have been burgled ? Do they, as promised by the banks, get reimbursed by the banks ?

Has anyone had any experience or knowledge of this situation ?

kingcolemk

Male
Number of posts : 1040
Registration date : 2008-12-18

Back to top Go down

Banking Fraud Empty Re: Banking Fraud

Post by plimmerton811 Wed 29 Sep 2010, 8:03 pm

Depends on the contract you have with the bank. Check the small print on the account ioopening doc's. Also it depends on how the accounts were accessed. Was it by breaking through the bank's systems if it was then the bank should be liable for not taken good care of your account. If the crooks have got your log in and p/word from your computer due to you having no protection then it is going to be down to you.

People have to be aware that they should only access their bank account from secure computers, certainly never from an internet cafe or in some instances work.

plimmerton811

Male
Number of posts : 717
Registration date : 2008-11-01

Back to top Go down

Post by kingcolemk Wed 29 Sep 2010, 8:21 pm

So from the sound of what you are saying, there is probably going to be a lot of hassle and delay in getting your money back.

I think I am going to seriously consider taking my accounts off-line. The internet seems to be becoming a very unhealthy place to be these days.

kingcolemk

Male
Number of posts : 1040
Registration date : 2008-12-18

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down