www.VUE DES ISLES.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Guernsey road signs 'hidden' by overgrown hedges

2 posters

Go down

Guernsey road signs 'hidden' by overgrown hedges Empty Guernsey road signs 'hidden' by overgrown hedges

Post by GD Thu 19 May 2011, 11:07 pm

Guernsey landowners are being asked to ensure hedges and trees do not obscure road signs, after concerns were raised by the Environment Department.

Officials said it had been noted some traffic lights were similarly obscured.

A spokeperson said: "This can lead to motorists not being able to adequately see the lights on approach and this is obviously a cause for concern."

It has asked property owners to give urgent attention to trees and vegetation that need to be cut.

Hedges bordering a public road must be cut back twice a year, between 1 to 15 June and 15 to 30 September each year.

The department said it had asked landowners to take responsibility throughout the year to ensure that signs are completely visible.

It said in severe cases the overgrown vegetation could interfere with the detector positioned on top of traffic lights, which may lead to vehicles not being detected and to longer waiting periods for a green lights or the signals not changing at all.
(from BBC)

GD
GD

Male
Number of posts : 10122
Job/hobbies : Website Forums...lol
Humor : Anything that makes me laugh
Registration date : 2008-03-06

http://www.vuedesisles.com

Back to top Go down

Guernsey road signs 'hidden' by overgrown hedges Empty Re: Guernsey road signs 'hidden' by overgrown hedges

Post by kat Fri 20 May 2011, 9:09 am

Any that is hidden can be reported to the Constables or any Douzeneirs of the area .the shrubs grow so fast this time of the year and i know many Parish officials are only too pleased to have them reported to them so it can be seen to ASAP
kat
kat

Female
Number of posts : 1850
Job/hobbies : bbbbbbbbbbb
Registration date : 2008-03-11

Back to top Go down