www.VUE DES ISLES.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Guernsey taxi price rise due to 'fuel costs'

2 posters

Go down

Guernsey taxi price rise due to 'fuel costs' Empty Guernsey taxi price rise due to 'fuel costs'

Post by GD Fri 22 Jul 2011, 5:30 pm

A hike in taxi prices is due to rising fuel costs, according to a former president of the Guernsey Taxi Owners Federation.

The Environment Department voted in favour of an increase in fares of 2.5%, following consultation with the federation.

Mike Mauger said their costs were worked out according to a formula.

However, he added: "Islanders have the opportunity of looking into this and disputing it if they so wish."

Mr Mauger said: "Everybody knows fuel costs have been extortionate this year and that is our major cost.

"A 2.5% rise this year I feel it's really just a nominal charge and it doesn't really cover all the increase that we've had this year"

(from BBC)
GD
GD

Male
Number of posts : 10122
Job/hobbies : Website Forums...lol
Humor : Anything that makes me laugh
Registration date : 2008-03-06

http://www.vuedesisles.com

Back to top Go down

Guernsey taxi price rise due to 'fuel costs' Empty Re: Guernsey taxi price rise due to 'fuel costs'

Post by Digger Fri 22 Jul 2011, 7:42 pm

Another rip off , they won't be getting a penny out of me again that's for sure . Guernsey taxi price rise due to 'fuel costs' 400724
Digger
Digger

Male
Number of posts : 7134
Job/hobbies : Motorsport, Photography, Gardening.
Humor : Absolutely !!
Registration date : 2008-03-07

Back to top Go down