www.VUE DES ISLES.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Guernsey Bus journeys drop by 100,000

5 posters

Go down

Guernsey Bus journeys drop by 100,000 Empty Guernsey Bus journeys drop by 100,000

Post by GD Mon 08 Aug 2011, 6:14 pm

There has been a big drop in the number of
people using Guernsey's buses.

It is a year since bus fares rose by 67% and in that the number of bus trips have fallen by nearly 100,000.

The Environment Department is defending its decision to put up fares, saying it needed to bring in more money.

It comes at the end of months of disruption to bus services, after a number of the fleet broke down at the same time.

Deputy Peter Sirett said: "I'm disappointed but I didn't think it was altogether unexpected. There's been a small backlash since the price increase last year but it could have been worse. I think it's been exacerbated by the problems Island Coachways have had and the reduced service they've put on over the past three months."

Around three months ago, mechanical problems with Island Coachways buses caused weeks worth of disruption to services. Six buses developed mechanical failures at the same time.

(from CTV)
GD
GD

Male
Number of posts : 10122
Job/hobbies : Website Forums...lol
Humor : Anything that makes me laugh
Registration date : 2008-03-06

http://www.vuedesisles.com

Back to top Go down

Guernsey Bus journeys drop by 100,000 Empty Re: Guernsey Bus journeys drop by 100,000

Post by Thistle Mon 08 Aug 2011, 9:07 pm

what does environment expect charging £1 for every single journsy it is ridiculous..now it looks like they are taking another traffic strategy to the states at the end of the year..i guarantee it will be hit the petrol prices,increase the tax on cars which is paid through petrol and paid parking...peter sirett has stated he wants to get us out of our cars..i hope they remember there is an election next year x
Thistle
Thistle

Female
Number of posts : 10987
Job/hobbies : housewife,mother,gardener,
Humor : sometimes
Registration date : 2008-03-07

Back to top Go down

Guernsey Bus journeys drop by 100,000 Empty Re: Guernsey Bus journeys drop by 100,000

Post by kat Mon 08 Aug 2011, 9:24 pm

i get a ormer card and each journey cost me 50p ..bargain for me
kat
kat

Female
Number of posts : 1850
Job/hobbies : bbbbbbbbbbb
Registration date : 2008-03-11

Back to top Go down

Post by Diddycoon Mon 08 Aug 2011, 9:35 pm

I couldnt tell you the last time I went on the bus.....
Diddycoon
Diddycoon

Female
Number of posts : 4775
Registration date : 2008-03-11

Back to top Go down

Post by Spirit Mon 08 Aug 2011, 10:39 pm

A typical mixup of statistics to confuse the public. By mixing percentages and numbers, it is impossible to know what is really going on.

The figure of 100,000 is also meaningless without a base figure.
Spirit
Spirit

Male
Number of posts : 3053
Registration date : 2008-04-21

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down