www.VUE DES ISLES.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

New bowel cancer screening could be under threat

2 posters

Go down

New bowel cancer screening could be under threat Empty New bowel cancer screening could be under threat

Post by GD Wed 05 Oct 2011, 6:37 pm

Guernsey's new bowel cancer screening programme could be under threat before it has even begun.

States members are due to agree to fund the programme and a number of other new services next week.

The money comes from savings made by the government over recent years.

However, one deputy is saying that the money would be better spent on paying off the island's debt.

Deputies will be in the States Tuesday for a special States meeting - four days of debate on their Strategic Plan.

That plan involves proposals for new service developments - things like bowel cancer screening and bringing in a competition law.

Deputies Martin Storey and Jan Kuttelwascher have put forward an amendment to the plan. They want to save the money that has been found through the Financial Transformation Programme rather than spend it on new services.

The Treasury and Resources Minister does not think the States will agree, but says he will listen to the arguments.

He said: "I think it's very clear that at least some and probably the large majority of future savings through the Financial Transformation Programme should be used to reduce the deficit. The question is whether all of them should be used for that purpose and that will be what the debate centres on."

With almost £2 million in savings available this year the States have to decide whether their priority is to spend or to save.
(from CTV)
GD
GD

Male
Number of posts : 10122
Job/hobbies : Website Forums...lol
Humor : Anything that makes me laugh
Registration date : 2008-03-06

http://www.vuedesisles.com

Back to top Go down

New bowel cancer screening could be under threat Empty Re: New bowel cancer screening could be under threat

Post by Thistle Wed 05 Oct 2011, 9:11 pm

i hope the respite service for adults with learning disabilities is passed ..maybe cuttlefish and storey would care to walk in my shoes for amile or three and then tellme they would be better to pay off the islands debt. complete tossers imo x
Thistle
Thistle

Female
Number of posts : 10987
Job/hobbies : housewife,mother,gardener,
Humor : sometimes
Registration date : 2008-03-07

Back to top Go down