www.VUE DES ISLES.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

States to approve £6m for health from social security

5 posters

Go down

States to approve £6m for health from social security Empty States to approve £6m for health from social security

Post by GD Wed 30 Nov 2011, 6:12 pm

Jersey politicians are being asked to approve the transfer of £6m from the health insurance fund to pay for primary care services in 2012.

The health insurance fund is controlled by the social security department and receives a percentage of social security payments.

Six million pounds will be transferred to the States of Jersey and set aside for health care.

It is the second time the amount has been transferred from the fund.

States members approved legislation that allowed for the transfer of payments from the health insurance fund during the business plan debate in 2010.

That legislation required the States to approve individual payments and for the treasury minister to make sure it is only used for health and social services.
(from BBC)
GD
GD

Male
Number of posts : 10122
Job/hobbies : Website Forums...lol
Humor : Anything that makes me laugh
Registration date : 2008-03-06

http://www.vuedesisles.com

Back to top Go down

States to approve £6m for health from social security Empty Re: States to approve £6m for health from social security

Post by kingcolemk Wed 30 Nov 2011, 7:14 pm

Good idea ! Take from the sick and give it to the bone idle.

kingcolemk

Male
Number of posts : 1040
Registration date : 2008-12-18

Back to top Go down

States to approve £6m for health from social security Empty Re: States to approve £6m for health from social security

Post by Peterr Wed 30 Nov 2011, 7:26 pm

Why do you think that paying for primary care is "giving to the bone idle"? Surely we all need to go to the doctor from time to time.

Peterr

Male
Number of posts : 60
Registration date : 2009-01-01

Back to top Go down

Post by Thistle Wed 30 Nov 2011, 11:44 pm

kingcole lives in the uk and doesnt have to worry about how much it costs to see the doctor when you need one x
Thistle
Thistle

Female
Number of posts : 10987
Job/hobbies : housewife,mother,gardener,
Humor : sometimes
Registration date : 2008-03-07

Back to top Go down

Post by kat Thu 01 Dec 2011, 11:15 am

The cost of a docs visit put many off from going so when they can no longer stand the pain any more it is too late for simple treatment ,
those on sup can go as many times as they like as it is paid for .
the working man/woman has to pay these prices unless they have an insurance ,this is costly and as i have this i can only have x amount of visits before i have to pay again as my quota has ran out ,
kat
kat

Female
Number of posts : 1850
Job/hobbies : bbbbbbbbbbb
Registration date : 2008-03-11

Back to top Go down

Post by Thistle Thu 01 Dec 2011, 9:55 pm

not everybody on supp has medical bills paid kat...
Thistle
Thistle

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by kat Thu 01 Dec 2011, 10:09 pm

The ones where i live do!
kat
kat

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Thistle Fri 02 Dec 2011, 7:51 am

if you have 1 npenny more than £3000 in the bank you dont get medical bills paid..they stopped my disabled daughters when she had £100 more than the limit ...i had to spend it to bring her account below the £3000
Thistle
Thistle

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by kat Fri 02 Dec 2011, 10:13 am

Thats is fair enough. 3000 is a decent amount to have .that will cover a few doctors visits .
they should look at undeclared income that others do.
if they employed a snoop that earnt their keep they could save themselves many millions of pounds in benefits.
kat
kat

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down