www.VUE DES ISLES.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

highest earners to pay more social security payments

4 posters

Go down

highest earners to pay more social security payments  Empty highest earners to pay more social security payments

Post by Thistle Fri 17 Aug 2012, 4:36 pm

Guernsey's highest earners could end up paying more social security.

The States are being asked to increase the upper earnings limit to
nearly �120,000.

At the moment everyone pays Social Security on wages up to �105,000.

Now the Social Security Department wants to put that up by nearly
�15,000 to raise more funds for the States purse.

It means higher earners would pay more, but the rest of us won't as the
Department wants to keep our actual contribution rates the same for
another year.
Thistle
Thistle

Female
Number of posts : 10987
Job/hobbies : housewife,mother,gardener,
Humor : sometimes
Registration date : 2008-03-07

Back to top Go down

highest earners to pay more social security payments  Empty Re: highest earners to pay more social security payments

Post by kat Fri 17 Aug 2012, 6:27 pm

About time this happened ,the should also be charge a higher tax as well
kat
kat

Female
Number of posts : 1850
Job/hobbies : bbbbbbbbbbb
Registration date : 2008-03-11

Back to top Go down

highest earners to pay more social security payments  Empty Re: highest earners to pay more social security payments

Post by ted Sun 19 Aug 2012, 5:53 pm

Maybe it would also be a good time to weed out some of the benefit abusers, It really does annoy me that when I am in town, on the piers there are people who do nothing but drink all day near the creening hard or the benches, leaving a lasting impression to islanders and visitors alike, I cannot not see any reason for them not working so why cant the states run an incentive to work, job placement. Failing that make the piers alcohol free like the bathing pools.
ted
ted

Male
Number of posts : 124
Humor : twisted
Registration date : 2008-08-11

Back to top Go down

Post by kat Sun 19 Aug 2012, 5:57 pm

That is a great idea but there is many events on the peirs that will need alcohol .to cook with or to drink wih a meal . perhaps the Constables should look at this
I thought it was an offence to drink along the highways .
As for them working . there is plenty they can do even cutting the weeds on cliff paths .but they might fall over the top if drunks
if you ran a business would you employ one of these people?
kat
kat

Female
Number of posts : 1850
Job/hobbies : bbbbbbbbbbb
Registration date : 2008-03-11

Back to top Go down

Post by kingcolemk Sun 19 Aug 2012, 7:00 pm

I seem to remenber many years ago seeing groups of people wearing distintive clothing working around Guernsey on general tidying up type jobs. I was told these were minor offenders doing community work as part of their sentances. Maybe this should be reintroduced and extended to include these sort of people to earn their benifits.

kingcolemk

Male
Number of posts : 1040
Registration date : 2008-12-18

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down