www.VUE DES ISLES.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Social Security hires a permanent office guard

4 posters

Go down

Social Security hires a permanent office guard Empty Social Security hires a permanent office guard

Post by GD Mon 17 Oct 2011, 6:05 pm

SOCIAL SECURITY has hired a permanent security presence to clamp down on intimidating behaviour by some clients.

The department has contracted Maximum Security following the retirement of its special constable.

A spokesman said SSD carried out a review of security provision within its public areas before deciding that a permanent presence was needed.

‘We’re convinced of the need for a full-time security presence. Regrettably, there have been occasions when callers to the Social Security offices have experienced bad behaviour in the public areas and have found the atmosphere intimidating.’ (from GEP)
GD
GD

Male
Number of posts : 10122
Job/hobbies : Website Forums...lol
Humor : Anything that makes me laugh
Registration date : 2008-03-06

http://www.vuedesisles.com

Back to top Go down

Social Security hires a permanent office guard Empty Re: Social Security hires a permanent office guard

Post by ted Mon 17 Oct 2011, 8:03 pm

It would be nice to know how the price compares to employing two of their own staff permanently, and more productively doing other things as well as solely guard duties, but I guess we will never know. Outsourcing make the books balance artificially I think.
ted
ted

Male
Number of posts : 124
Humor : twisted
Registration date : 2008-08-11

Back to top Go down

Social Security hires a permanent office guard Empty Re: Social Security hires a permanent office guard

Post by Thistle Tue 18 Oct 2011, 7:33 am

the atmosphere can be very intimidating ...you have to walk in past loads of youngsters crowding round the door smoking and messing around....why is a new special constable being employed . surely the police have someone available for these duties..like ted i would like to know how much this is going to cost x
Thistle
Thistle

Female
Number of posts : 10987
Job/hobbies : housewife,mother,gardener,
Humor : sometimes
Registration date : 2008-03-07

Back to top Go down

Post by plimmerton811 Tue 18 Oct 2011, 7:34 pm

Thistle wrote:the atmosphere can be very intimidating ...you have to walk in past loads of youngsters crowding round the door smoking and messing around....why is a new special constable being employed . surely the police have someone available for these duties..like ted i would like to know how much this is going to cost x

Why should the Police be involved in security at a states department? Other than totally inappropriate there would still be a cost. For a person doubling up as a general assistant and special constable they would not be willing to pay a decent salary, it certainly lends itself to a retiring police officer.

plimmerton811

Male
Number of posts : 717
Registration date : 2008-11-01

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down