www.VUE DES ISLES.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

BREHAUT; Barry Leslie

Go down

BREHAUT; Barry Leslie Empty BREHAUT; Barry Leslie

Post by GD Sat 17 Mar 2012, 3:48 pm

Manifesto to follow
GD
GD

Male
Number of posts : 10122
Job/hobbies : Website Forums...lol
Humor : Anything that makes me laugh
Registration date : 2008-03-06

http://www.vuedesisles.com

Back to top Go down

BREHAUT; Barry Leslie Empty Re: BREHAUT; Barry Leslie

Post by GD Wed 21 Mar 2012, 11:58 am

BREHAUT; Barry Leslie Barry-Brehaut-200x300I am 48 years old, I have been married to Olwen for 18 years, and we have two young children, Etienne who is 11 and Verity who is 7. Like many of you we are familiar with the challenges of child care, the work life balance and simply cramming things in to our full days and busy lives. In 2008 I was delighted to be elected for a second term to represent you the people of St Peter Port South. It was extremely gratifying to have topped the poll; your support was warmly appreciated.

I have been busy over the past four years in the following roles: Chair of the Scrutiny Committee, for a period Deputy Minister of the Health and Social Services Department and a member of the Public Sector Remuneration Committee. I enjoy all aspects of my work immensely, by nature I am a people person and my constituency workload reflects that. Although a Deputy for St Peter Port I deal with issues and representations from all members of the community island wide. I believe the position of Deputy is a full-time role and I approach it that way.

The next four years will be as challenging if not more so than the last. Decisions will not get easier, there are pressures to resist any real increase in public expenditure, but there are also the ‘must do’ demands, the need led services that seek to protect those with the least and the vulnerable. It is that dynamic that will preoccupy all of those seeking your support at this election. Guernsey is better placed than many to face the challenges ahead and I hope with your support to be returned to the assembly as a people’s Deputy, representing the concerns of the entire community in a balanced, fair and committed manner.

• To facilitate change within our Government process to ensure greater accountability
  • A reduction in the number of States members and departments
  • To provide our island community with a modern fit for purpose mental health facility
  • To get departments working cohesively to deliver an integrated modern benefits system
  • To ensure that policies are informed by those with the skills, knowledge and passion in the charitable ‘Third sector’

07781 426729

www.Barrybrehaut.com
GD
GD

Male
Number of posts : 10122
Job/hobbies : Website Forums...lol
Humor : Anything that makes me laugh
Registration date : 2008-03-06

http://www.vuedesisles.com

Back to top Go down