www.VUE DES ISLES.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

UK-bound drivers fill up to beat the forecourt panic

+2
cockney
GD
6 posters

Go down

UK-bound drivers fill up to beat the forecourt panic Empty UK-bound drivers fill up to beat the forecourt panic

Post by GD Sat 31 Mar 2012, 2:19 pm

ISLANDERS travelling to the UK made sure they were ‘pumped up’ with fuel yesterday.

To avoid the mad panic and hour-long queues at petrol stations in the UK, people travelling to Poole on the Condor Ferry made sure they had filled their cars in advance.

Britons were recently prompted by ministers to fill their tanks to beat a strike by tanker drivers that has not been called yet and as a result a nationwide panic set in.

It was reported in the UK that petrol prices soared and more than 100 forecourts had run dry. Others were shut on the orders of police worried about ‘fuel rage’.
(from thisisguernsey)
GD
GD

Male
Number of posts : 10122
Job/hobbies : Website Forums...lol
Humor : Anything that makes me laugh
Registration date : 2008-03-06

http://www.vuedesisles.com

Back to top Go down

UK-bound drivers fill up to beat the forecourt panic Empty Re: UK-bound drivers fill up to beat the forecourt panic

Post by cockney Sat 31 Mar 2012, 10:02 pm

I dont understand how the Press could make a story out of this, doesnt everyone fill their fuel tank up before leaving for the UK?

cockney

Male
Number of posts : 179
Registration date : 2008-12-28

Back to top Go down

UK-bound drivers fill up to beat the forecourt panic Empty Re: UK-bound drivers fill up to beat the forecourt panic

Post by Spirit Sat 31 Mar 2012, 10:14 pm

Just what I was thinking, Cockney.
Spirit
Spirit

Male
Number of posts : 3053
Registration date : 2008-04-21

Back to top Go down

Post by karma Sun 01 Apr 2012, 1:40 am

I thought it was illegal to take a car on the ferry with a full tank!!!

Female
Number of posts : 16109
Job/hobbies : travelling
Humor : warped (or so my friends inform me)
Registration date : 2009-01-30

Back to top Go down

Post by Deebay Sun 01 Apr 2012, 9:48 am

The last time I used Condor (with a car), the rule was that tanks should not be over-filled (i.e. fuel leaking out of the filler cap). Condor staff reserved the right to remove fuel from the tank if this was thought to be the case.

Deebay

Female
Number of posts : 155
Registration date : 2008-12-27

Back to top Go down

Post by Thistle Sun 01 Apr 2012, 11:05 am

have always gone to the uk with a full tank and just enough to get home at english prices x
Thistle
Thistle

Female
Number of posts : 10987
Job/hobbies : housewife,mother,gardener,
Humor : sometimes
Registration date : 2008-03-07

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down