www.VUE DES ISLES.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Armed Robbery At Guernsey Pharmacy

+2
kat
Thistle
6 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Armed Robbery At Guernsey Pharmacy - Page 2 Empty Re: Armed Robbery At Guernsey Pharmacy

Post by schoolyjo Sat 19 May 2012, 11:21 am

what i meant by that kingcole is you dont go through your childhood thinking im gonna grow up to be a drug addict, its not a lifestyle choice!

schoolyjo

Number of posts : 177
Registration date : 2008-05-04

Back to top Go down

Armed Robbery At Guernsey Pharmacy - Page 2 Empty Re: Armed Robbery At Guernsey Pharmacy

Post by karma Sat 19 May 2012, 2:31 pm

IMO everybody has the choice to go 'right' or 'wrong' it is up to them....some people play the victim all their lives (and know how to play the system) I am talking from experience....my son went wrong and my daughter went right - their upbringing was exactly the same - we loved them both equally, but my son thought it was up to his dad and I to see that he was 'OK' daughter thought it was up to her......

Number of posts : 16109
Registration date : 2009-01-30

Back to top Go down

Post by kat Sat 19 May 2012, 7:43 pm

Children choose their own path. some get in with the wrong gand and parents can do nothing about it
we have to each learn from our own mistakes in life
some like this lad got in with the wrong lot and has now got an addiction
he will be prisoned ,so i hope he will be helped while inside to correct this and then given the change to lead a normal life and work with in the island .instead of always being in and out of trouble costing the tax payer money

kat

Number of posts : 1850
Registration date : 2008-03-11

Back to top Go down

Post by Thistle Sat 19 May 2012, 10:12 pm

schoolyjo,you say addiction isn't a life choice in my partners case it was a death choice..he chose to carry on drinking although he had been warned it would kill him and it did. any addict has to choose to try whatever becomes their addiction....they also have to choose to stop using whatever they are addicted too and without them choosing to stop no amount of counseling will do any good x

Thistle

Number of posts : 10987
Registration date : 2008-03-07

Back to top Go down

Post by schoolyjo Sat 19 May 2012, 11:08 pm

yes thistle, such is my point , addiction isnt an easy thing to overcome, and just because someone cannot overcome it, doesnt make them any less worth of sympathy!

schoolyjo

Back to top Go down

Post by Thistle Sun 20 May 2012, 10:27 am

we are all surmising that the perpetrator is an addict..it is entirely possible that he is just a robber by nature...i feel sorry for the people who were doing a days honest toil in the pharmacy and of course the doctors patients who were in the waiting room where the pharmacy is...i am sick to death of people making excuses for these louts...this man chose to take a knife and rob a pharmacy whether he is an addict or not should have no bearing on this
Thistle
Thistle

Female
Job/hobbies : housewife,mother,gardener,
Humor : sometimes

Back to top Go down

Post by Thistle Sun 20 May 2012, 10:36 am

schoolyjo wrote:yes thistle, such is my point , addiction isnt an easy thing to overcome, and just because someone cannot overcome it, doesnt make them any less worth of sympathy!

nobody is saying addicts dont deserve sympathy ....i know of addicts who go to the cdat meetings here in guernsey as high as a kite or smelling of booze and the guy who runs it slaps them on the wrist{metaphorically speaking} and tells them to try harder next time..there has to be more help provided for addicts from counselors ..there should be a separate unit at the castel hospital for addicts and they should not be on the same ward as people with mental health probs .there are distinct differences in the treatment of of the two groups of people xx
Thistle
Thistle

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by schoolyjo Sun 20 May 2012, 11:10 am

i totally agree with all of the above thistle, but a few posts earlier, people were saying that drug addicts etc do not deserve sympathy !

schoolyjo

Female
Humor : exceedlingly wicked

Back to top Go down

Post by kat Sun 20 May 2012, 12:58 pm

I give sympathy to addicts of all .some of us have food addiction.would love to loose weight but cannot .

If we catch those who feed them with drugs and live a very wealthy life from their misfortune .
I also agree for a dry house for them . some who have been on booze for many years also pickle their brain.So a mental state is also induced
there should be more help for all addicts but them must WANT it .
Stealing by knife point is a very high risk for all, he could have killed someone .
if they had not given him what he wanted someone might have been killed or even stabbed .
The man ran away and was followed by a person to see where he went
Those who were there that day are still having nightmares as they told me the worse thing was the mask he wore . This was very scarey as they did not know who he was.once they knew who he was when the mask came off ,they reaslised he was not a problem and could have been talked out of it as he was normally a nice person.
It was this addiction and the body screaming for the drug that made him do it
Perhaps he will say who his dealer is .then these people can be prisoned .
I do feel for all who fall into this situation.whether they are addicted to booze ,drugs.or anything life is horrible for them. And those who watch them and try to help.

The health service should be prepared to give them help to set them on a path of a more normal life .and we must remember once an addict you are always one step away of being back there .
Also who are we to point the finger .In life we never know what is awaiting around the corner for us.
it might happen to someone we love and we will have to watch them destroy themselves .
A path they choose to go on, as some dealer will give them drugs when they are at their lowest .
kat
kat

Female
Job/hobbies : bbbbbbbbbbb

Back to top Go down

Post by karma Sun 20 May 2012, 1:34 pm

Well said Kat !

Female
Job/hobbies : travelling
Humor : warped (or so my friends inform me)

Back to top Go down

Post by schoolyjo Sun 20 May 2012, 7:07 pm

very well said kat, you`ve put it exactly as i was trying to explain it, just better x

schoolyjo

Female
Humor : exceedlingly wicked

Back to top Go down

Post by Thistle Mon 21 May 2012, 8:17 am

well said kat...believe me watching someone die from their addiction is not recommended.....
Thistle
Thistle

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by karma Mon 21 May 2012, 9:31 am

I'll second that Thistle :-((((

Female
Job/hobbies : travelling
Humor : warped (or so my friends inform me)

Back to top Go down

Post by kat Mon 21 May 2012, 1:00 pm

Yes i know .i watched my dad destroy himself .crying for help .
a slow undignified death ,that also robbed him of his mind
He also had lung cancer so he died from two addictions. booze and fags .
kat
kat

Female
Job/hobbies : bbbbbbbbbbb

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2