www.VUE DES ISLES.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sark government review finds need for public service

3 posters

Go down

Sark government review finds need for public service Empty Sark government review finds need for public service

Post by GD Fri 25 May 2012, 6:05 pm

Sark's government needs to adapt to preserve its unique way of life, an independent review has found.

It recommends a reduction in the number of committees, the setting up of a small public service and the drawing up of a long-term strategy for the island.

The review found a lack of dedicated administration and clear line of communication with other governments.

It was commissioned to see if further reform was needed after the island held its first democratic election in 2008.

The £7,000 review involved the views of more than 60 respondents including current island politicians.

Its author Belinda Crowe, a former senior civil servant responsible for the UK's Crown Dependencies division, also suggested Chief Pleas adopt the six principles of good governance.

She noted "no real evidence of government business being joined up", a "perceived" lack of transparency, a lack of "real data" on which to base decisions and a need for more engagement with residents in developing policy.

Ms Crowe suggested in the review that Sark should use its position as "one of the few national economies that does not have a budget deficit" to enhance support for politicians to allow them to focus on policies, rather than administration.

A copy of the review has been sent to every household in Sark and is due to be posted on the government website.
(from BBC)
GD
GD

Male
Number of posts : 10122
Job/hobbies : Website Forums...lol
Humor : Anything that makes me laugh
Registration date : 2008-03-06

http://www.vuedesisles.com

Back to top Go down

Sark government review finds need for public service Empty Re: Sark government review finds need for public service

Post by kingcolemk Sat 26 May 2012, 5:53 pm

Did anyone ask the Barclays for their views ?

kingcolemk

Male
Number of posts : 1040
Registration date : 2008-12-18

Back to top Go down

Sark government review finds need for public service Empty Re: Sark government review finds need for public service

Post by karma Sun 27 May 2012, 1:39 am

The very words 'a former senior civil servant' should ring alarm bells all around Sark!!!! I would think the Barclays would shudder at the thought of being transparent in the light of how their fortune was amassed!!!!! IMO she should try sort the UK out first affraid

Female
Number of posts : 16109
Job/hobbies : travelling
Humor : warped (or so my friends inform me)
Registration date : 2009-01-30

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down