www.VUE DES ISLES.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Guernsey brewery approved for 33 flats

+2
Thistle
GD
6 posters

Go down

Guernsey brewery approved for 33 flats Empty Guernsey brewery approved for 33 flats

Post by GD Tue 13 Nov 2012, 7:58 pm

Plans to redevelop the old Guernsey Brewery site in St Peter Port have been approved unanimously by deputies on the Environment board today.

An open planning meeting was held this morning.

It was packed with islanders, many concerned about the proposed redevelopment.

Comprop are planning to turn the derelict building into 33 flats of mostly 2 or 3 bedrooms.

Most of the people who made representations opposed the redevelopment as it is under the current plans, saying they were too big, not in keeping with the area and would restrict the view of residents.

There were also concerns that the flats would look into surrounding homes and gardens.

But Comprop say they have redrafted the proposals several times to address the concerns of neighbours, and the redevelopment is important because it tackles a need for new housing in St Peter Port.

The company says they will replicate the building's 18th century facade, and inject £20million into the island's economy through the project.

Before that meeting Environment officials also gave brief statement on proposals for the redevelopment of part of Admiral Park.

Plans have been submitted for a new office, commercial and residential development and include scope for a cinema.

But Environment say there are legal concerns relating to the planning brief which have been raised, and they are now seeking advice from the States law officers.

The department's Minister Roger Domaille insisted it was only a temporary obstacle that would not de-rail the project entirely and it could return for the board's consideration as early as January.

Also today, the Environment board have approved the redevelopment of the old Hotel Les Carteret at Cobo into a block of flats.
GD
GD

Male
Number of posts : 10122
Job/hobbies : Website Forums...lol
Humor : Anything that makes me laugh
Registration date : 2008-03-06

http://www.vuedesisles.com

Back to top Go down

Guernsey brewery approved for 33 flats Empty Re: Guernsey brewery approved for 33 flats

Post by Thistle Wed 14 Nov 2012, 8:05 am

why arent they building affordable homes suitable for local families.. confused
Thistle
Thistle

Female
Number of posts : 10987
Job/hobbies : housewife,mother,gardener,
Humor : sometimes
Registration date : 2008-03-07

Back to top Go down

Guernsey brewery approved for 33 flats Empty Re: Guernsey brewery approved for 33 flats

Post by kat Wed 14 Nov 2012, 9:50 am

I have objected to these plans so many times ,the vista will be changed forever . such a shame .it will look like Admiral park building .shame they could not match what Credit Suisse has . and as it is for post flats costing the earth ,will the neighbours abject to the hill climbs?But they have listened and changed the front roof tops .time will tell how it will be . perhaps we can make the road smaller and plant a row of trees
kat
kat

Female
Number of posts : 1850
Job/hobbies : bbbbbbbbbbb
Registration date : 2008-03-11

Back to top Go down

Post by kingcolemk Wed 14 Nov 2012, 11:55 am

What about resident's parking. Is that included within the site ?

kingcolemk

Male
Number of posts : 1040
Registration date : 2008-12-18

Back to top Go down

Post by Dell Wed 14 Nov 2012, 7:08 pm

Rather interesting that the Jersey news..... Oops.. Sorry!!! the Channel TV news... tonight had a feature on Pleinmont Point development that went on for a bit but absolutely nought about the former brewery or Les Carterets Hotel both in Guernsey!!

Fair and balanced Islands reporting? Methinks not!!
Dell
Dell

Male
Number of posts : 4468
Humor : Yes please!
Registration date : 2008-12-31

Back to top Go down

Post by karma Thu 15 Nov 2012, 1:51 am

G'day from the Antipodes :-)

Female
Number of posts : 16109
Job/hobbies : travelling
Humor : warped (or so my friends inform me)
Registration date : 2009-01-30

Back to top Go down

Post by karma Thu 15 Nov 2012, 1:58 am

I see nothing changes :-( it is the same on this side of the world....common sense speaks - money shouts cyclops And Thistle, of course 'ordinary folks' will be ale to afford those flats - they are going to be as cheap as chips lol! although I remember de Vic Carey once saying that a Guernseyman was not entitled to a view.... didn't say anything about a 'rich' Guernseyman though!!! lol!

Female
Number of posts : 16109
Job/hobbies : travelling
Humor : warped (or so my friends inform me)
Registration date : 2009-01-30

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down