www.VUE DES ISLES.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Cour du Parc flats.

2 posters

Go down

Cour du Parc flats. Empty Cour du Parc flats.

Post by Digger Thu 17 Jul 2008, 8:42 pm

UNHAPPY residents of the Cour du Parc tower block have the support of a former Housing member. Deputy Barry Brehaut , now on the Health and Social Services board, said that Housing could no longer ignore tenants of the property. This follows Tuesday’s front-page story about a resident who is asking to be moved as the two-bed accommodation is not suitable for her, her partner and their two children. ‘Although there has been considerable focus on the Bouet in recent years, and for good reason, I think that regrettably Housing, myself included, has ignored a problem literally much closer to home. It is not the least bit family- friendly. If the lift is broken, and it is a lot of the time, residents have to struggle up several flights. Add to that the absence of green space and somewhere to keep a bike or children’s play things, then it becomes a very unattractive place to live in.’ Many living in the tower block shared Deputy Brehaut’s views.

I have never liked the look of these flats ,but at the end of the day they do house people. What do you think?
Digger
Digger

Male
Number of posts : 7134
Job/hobbies : Motorsport, Photography, Gardening.
Humor : Absolutely !!
Registration date : 2008-03-07

Back to top Go down

Cour du Parc flats. Empty Re: Cour du Parc flats.

Post by KiwiG Thu 17 Jul 2008, 8:54 pm

My grandad was the original first tenant and caretaker of these flats.

The lift used to break down then and that was 40 years ago, and it was brand new.

When space is of a premium, multi storey is prossibly a good idea, but I remember many tenants , at first loving the idea of no garden to maintain, very soon, feeling cramped with nowhere to spend some outdoor time.

For children the place was a nightmare, nowhere to play, noise became a problem in such close proximity.

I think the answer is given in the fact they were never repeated.
KiwiG
KiwiG

Male
Number of posts : 806
Humor : I think............if I don't thwim!!
Registration date : 2008-03-18

Back to top Go down

Post by Digger Thu 17 Jul 2008, 9:09 pm

I catch your drift on space saving but when you see the high-rise in the UK it must be like living in hell that's probably why there is usually trouble surrounding them i think the modern name for them are ghetto's . When you see other places around the world we should count ourselves lucky to live in Guernsey.

I seem to remember something about the Fire service complaining about the means of escape some time ago.
Digger
Digger

Male
Number of posts : 7134
Job/hobbies : Motorsport, Photography, Gardening.
Humor : Absolutely !!
Registration date : 2008-03-07

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down