www.VUE DES ISLES.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Jersey charity founders on New Year Honours list

Go down

Jersey charity founders on New Year Honours list Empty Jersey charity founders on New Year Honours list

Post by GD Sat 29 Dec 2012, 7:37 pm

The founders of two Jersey charities have been appointed MBEs in the New Year Honours list.

Dr Margaret Bayes has been recognised for her work in founding and chairing the Jersey Association of Carers Incorporated (JACI).

The Rev David Shaw, the Rector at St Clement, also becomes an MBE for services to people in Kenya.

David Moody was also honoured and will receive the British Empire Medal for services to the Jersey Sea Cadets.

Dr Bayes told BBC Jersey her honour was "very lovely indeed".

She said she was being appointed an MBE "on behalf of all the unpaid carers on Jersey".

Bankrupt hospital

Mr Shaw, who has worked on aid projects in Kenya, said: "I'm slightly embarrassed because really it's everyone else that's doing all the work.

"We started off with a hospital that was bankrupt near Mombasa and we've been working there for about five years now," he said.

He said he was looking forward to his investiture.

"I'm sure it will be a highlight of 2013 and if it helps bring some more publicity to help the project, that would be even better," he said.
GD
GD

Male
Number of posts : 10122
Job/hobbies : Website Forums...lol
Humor : Anything that makes me laugh
Registration date : 2008-03-06

http://www.vuedesisles.com

Back to top Go down