www.VUE DES ISLES.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Do you agree with the New Year Honours list?

3 posters

Go down

Do you agree with the New Year Honours list? Empty Do you agree with the New Year Honours list?

Post by GD Thu 31 Dec 2009, 12:59 pm

The Star Trek and Shakespearian actor, Patrick Stewart, receives a knighthood, along with the rugby coach, Ian McGeechan. What do you think of the list?

Status Quo's Rick Parfitt and Francis Rossi have also been appointed OBEs in the New Year Honours list.

The British honours system is a means of rewarding individuals' personal bravery, achievement, or service to the United Kingdom.

In previous years Kylie Minogue and Michael Parkinson have received titles.

What do you think about this year's choice?

Who would you like to see win an honour?

Do you agree with the honours system?
GD
GD

Male
Number of posts : 10122
Job/hobbies : Website Forums...lol
Humor : Anything that makes me laugh
Registration date : 2008-03-06

http://www.vuedesisles.com

Back to top Go down

Do you agree with the New Year Honours list? Empty Re: Do you agree with the New Year Honours list?

Post by karma Thu 31 Dec 2009, 1:05 pm

IMO it is now quite unique not to receive an honour - it used to be a real honour - now any celebrity can be nominated and nothing on earth will make me feel comfortable to call people Sir that my money put up there because I bought a record they made!!!! I like to see something more to my 'Lords and Masters' than entertainment that made them rich!

Female
Number of posts : 16109
Job/hobbies : travelling
Humor : warped (or so my friends inform me)
Registration date : 2009-01-30

Back to top Go down

Do you agree with the New Year Honours list? Empty Re: Do you agree with the New Year Honours list?

Post by kat Thu 31 Dec 2009, 3:39 pm

i agree .there are some folks who work very hard for nothing who in my eyes deserve it much more .
kat
kat

Female
Number of posts : 1850
Job/hobbies : bbbbbbbbbbb
Registration date : 2008-03-11

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down