www.VUE DES ISLES.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Temporary plans for Guernsey adult respite care

2 posters

Go down

Temporary plans for Guernsey adult respite care Empty Temporary plans for Guernsey adult respite care

Post by GD Sun 30 Dec 2012, 8:44 pm

There are temporary plans to provide respite care for adults in Guernsey.

It was announced in September that the current centre, the Croft, would only be offering respite care to under 18s from 1 January.

Health and Social Services said it would continue to be used for people in their early 20s.

But older adults with disabilities will stay at the King Edward VII hospital in a specially-converted ward, until a more permanent solution can be found.

Mark Cooke, chief officer of Heath and Social Services, said the department would do all it could to ensure services are available for people.

He said: "It may not be that we use the Croft for respite care for adults, but if we absolutely need to we'll make that provision.

"We are not going to shut off services blindly without taking into account people's needs and we will make sure it is handled sensitively.

"We will work with service users to make sure that services are provided during the interim period."
GD
GD

Male
Number of posts : 10122
Job/hobbies : Website Forums...lol
Humor : Anything that makes me laugh
Registration date : 2008-03-06

http://www.vuedesisles.com

Back to top Go down

Temporary plans for Guernsey adult respite care Empty Re: Temporary plans for Guernsey adult respite care

Post by kat Mon 31 Dec 2012, 2:15 pm

I do hope they will give a good proper HOME to all these people who need it.they do not need a clinical place but a loving home so they can continue to live like they do at their homes and give their carers a much needed rest .
kat
kat

Female
Number of posts : 1850
Job/hobbies : bbbbbbbbbbb
Registration date : 2008-03-11

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum