www.VUE DES ISLES.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Drink-Driving in Guernsey

4 posters

Go down

Drink-Driving in Guernsey Empty Drink-Driving in Guernsey

Post by sketches Wed 30 Jul 2008, 9:59 am

Hello all,

Just wondering opinions on the statistics that appeared in the Guernsey Press on Monday on drink-driving statistics - which we're as follows:

'Nearly 650 people have been arrested on the suspicion of drink-driving since the beginning of 2005, with 538 being charged. Combining statistics from 2005, 2006 and 2007, January and August are the months with the most arrests - both 56 over the three years.

'February had the fewest over the three-year period, with 38. December, often considered to be a period when drink-driving is prevalent, had 41.

'In the first six months of 2008, 66 people were arrested for drink-driving. If similar results are gained from the next six months, this year is on course for a considerable reduction in the number of arrests over 2005 (207), 2006 (180) and 2007 (194).'

The stats seem positive, but are the punishments for drink-driving harsh enough in the island? Is it a wide problem?

All thoughts welcome.

sketches

Male
Number of posts : 1
Registration date : 2008-07-30

Back to top Go down

Drink-Driving in Guernsey Empty Re: Drink-Driving in Guernsey

Post by GD Wed 30 Jul 2008, 10:56 am

Yes the punishments are enough for drink drivers, though I sometimes wonder about the judgement being consistant, when you see two similar cases being issued different fines etc

But I have to say that I do not see the reduction as being considerable, and I would be surprised if that is shown by the end of the year...
GD
GD

Male
Number of posts : 10122
Job/hobbies : Website Forums...lol
Humor : Anything that makes me laugh
Registration date : 2008-03-06

http://www.vuedesisles.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Pete Burtenshaw Sat 02 Aug 2008, 6:05 pm

how many who d&d do not get to court because of who they are.......lets see the stats on them......

Pete Burtenshaw

Male
Number of posts : 652
Registration date : 2008-03-16

Back to top Go down

Post by Tedrick26 Wed 26 Sep 2018, 11:33 am

The number is increasing day by day. People are supposed to be more careful while driving under influence. My uncle was once in big trouble for drinking and driving. He was charged heavy penalty which was impossible for him to pay, then my dad introduced him to a very good DUI lawyer who helped in reducing the penalties.

Tedrick26

Male
Number of posts : 1
Registration date : 2018-09-22

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down