www.VUE DES ISLES.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Motorbike (Scooter) Laws. Can you help?? (Guernsey)

2 posters

Go down

Motorbike (Scooter) Laws. Can you help?? (Guernsey) Empty Motorbike (Scooter) Laws. Can you help?? (Guernsey)

Post by Barney Gumble Thu 02 Oct 2008, 7:13 pm

Its really about scooters. I've had a full licence donkeys years and use one for work and back, so am a bit green to what a newbie would need these days!

My son is 14 and wants to ride my bike. I have no problems with this. Have looked into it and he needs L plates, a CBT training course, a riders insurance policy and a provisional licence.

1) Have i overlooked anything?

2) Have looked into the provisional licence and he's entitled to one being 14. Thing is, he has said theres going to be a law change. I've heard nothing about it.

He says he can get a provisional licence now, but after next year, regardless of holding one, he will be barred from riding till he's 16. Apparently theres a new law from next year saying you need to be 16 to ride.

Point is, i can quite happily go out tomorrow, insure him on the bike, get his licence and book him on a CBT course, but if the law changes and he isn't allowed to ride after the new year, is it worth me shelling out all that cash?

Can anyone enlighten me?
Barney Gumble
Barney Gumble

Male
Number of posts : 442
Job/hobbies : Drunkard
Humor : Buuuuuurp!
Registration date : 2008-03-10

Back to top Go down

Motorbike (Scooter) Laws. Can you help?? (Guernsey) Empty Re: Motorbike (Scooter) Laws. Can you help?? (Guernsey)

Post by MarkyD Sat 04 Oct 2008, 9:25 am

I can't say I've heard of any imminent changes Barney.
MarkyD
MarkyD

Male
Number of posts : 1148
Job/hobbies : Professional Layabout
Humor : Manic - varying from dirty to clinically insane
Registration date : 2008-05-11

http://www.cwgsy.net/community/minimotoraceclub

Back to top Go down